Physical Water Surface

This is great work :slight_smile: But, I cant see a way to add or tweak transparency. How do we do this?

Hell, impressive material, that UV stretching makes me cry of happiness.

That’s sooo cool!

At the moment the material that comes with the pack does not have transparency enabled, you need to enable transparency yourself. You can have a look at the “Water Planes” Feature Sample that is available for free in the launcher to see how this can be done. The Sample includes a translucent water material. In the Tutorial section of my documentation you will find a tutorial how to combine an existing water material (that could be transparent) with the water motion of Physical Water Surface.

Some waves that automatically generate towards the beaches would be very appreciated. :cool:

Update 1 - Released on June 21, 2016

I’ve update the documentation in the Wiki to reflect the new features and content that came with Update 1.
Physical Water Surfaces sell quite well and you guys seem to be generally happy with the water shader after Update 1.
I’d like to thank everyone who has bought Physical Water Surface so far and kindly ask you to rate it on the Marketplace store page, it helps a lot to have your feedback.
Also, if you’ve created something awesome using Physical Water Surface, please post in this thread! I’m looking forward to seeing all the amazing things you’re working on!

Please implement the foam around the objects like BlueBudgie has done in the video above - looks awesome

Like moody stated, would love to see foam interacting with edges, then this would be the perfect package for me.

I tried doing it myself based on BlueBudgies use of DistanceToNearestSurface node - when i lerp it with just a color to see if it is working, it seems fine around static meshes and the landscape (but very blocky), but when I try to go one step further and implement a foam texture, it just goes wrong - would be great if you could implement in the pack with the same quality as the rest of it - would be perfect.

In fact, if you added really good believable foam around objects / landscapes and waves towards a shoreline also a transparent water version, then there would be no need for any other water packs on the marketplace again (except maybe rivers). Really pleased to see you are working on maintaining / updating this pack…

This is very cool. Thanks for creating this. Add foam and this is even better. :slight_smile:

Awesome asset! Are there underwater visuals included?

No, at the moment there is no transparent version of the water material and no underwater visuals included.

Is it possible to stop water in some point with blueprint of seawall or something like this?

Can you please explain in a bit more detail what you mean? Do you want the water react to an obstacle, or do you just want to prevent the water from penetrating a wall?

I have the problem that the water rises up through landscape / meshes. Any way to prevent this? For landscapes i have to make sure my lowest point is above the water plane (even if the lowest point is in the middle of the landscape) otherwise the water waves rise and fall over the landscape.

Yes, I want that water react to an obstacles. That something can stop water.
Like in attached picture, this “wall” should block the water, but currently it doesn’t

Yes, there is a good solution for that: Make your own water plane mesh with exactly the shape you need, so that there is no water under the landscape.

This is not implemented in Physical Water Surface at the moment. The water always moves according to the Gerstner equations, it doesn’t react to obstacles.

Great stuff! Got a few questions:
1.Was this odd triangle left out by mistake? :smiley:

2.Is it going to be correct if I add more wind and fetch values?
3.If I want a different water color then what exactly do I have to alter besides dark and bright colors in blueprint, do I have to alter foam textures’ color?
And lastly…
4.Are you planning any more updates for this? :confused:
Thanks a lot, .

1.Was this odd triangle left out by mistake? :smiley:
No this is intentional, see A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements and Releases - Unreal Engine Forums

2.Is it going to be correct if I add more wind and fetch values?
You can only select from the wind speed and fetch values that are available, it is not possible to add your own values.

3.If I want a different water color then what exactly do I have to alter besides dark and bright colors in blueprint, do I have to alter foam textures’ color?
The Blueprint color parameters basically control the water color. The foam color has also a small influence on the water color, depending on how transparent the foam is.

4.Are you planning any more updates for this? :confused:
Yes, I have a long list of features that I want to implement. I hope that I can find the time to work on it soon.