Physical Material Debug View

I don’t know how exactly to display this (potentially just varying colors with a key, similar to the lighting model display), but a debug view for simply viewing all of the differing physical materials assigned to objects would be A+++

Because tracking down which materials are unassigned or using a generic material is kind of a pita.

This post is pretty old but man this would be useful. Having to do this myself and it is a pain to try to make sure everything is flagged in a huge scene.

It may be old BUT IT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME STILL.

Everything in my game is physical material-dependent, so it’s just a pain to have to check everything over and over.

I’d really like to bump this; given how useful PhysicsMateirals are (… especially for me, but NOT JUST FOR ME OKAY), it’d be absolutely wonderful to have some kind of debug visualizer for showing different colors (whatever; they can be random, they just have to be different per-material) to help narrow down: 1) where there are inconsistencies in the applied material, 2) what has no physics material specified.

would like very much plz okay thank you

hugs,
trent

Visualization would be really helpfull. But in meantime I guess one could make c++ or blueprint script that check all objects of level and visualize objects without physical materials.

Wondering if anything like this exists yet? It would be super helpful.