Physic Constraint on inherited static mesh doesn't work

Hello,

I have a C++ door created by me. It only has a FrameComponent, a DoorComponent, 2 triggers and one invisible mesh (it doesn’t matter). The thing is when I create a BP from the C++ all the components appear to be “inherited” (obviously).

I try to apply a physic constraint but it doesn’t have any effect on it. Instead of that, I create a new static mesh in the BP and following the same steps to implement the physic constraint… it works!! I’m starting to think that the physic constraint doesn’t work because is inherited from C++. Does anyone knows something about it?

Attached you’ll find one picture with my inherited DoorComponent and the Physics Constraint not working and the other picture with the BP created DoorComponent and the Physics Constraint working.

Inherited Door and Physics Constraint not working:

Created Door and Physics Constraint working:

][2]

Thank so much.

I got my physics constraint to connect to my inherited character mesh using this method:
(Not 100% sure it’ll work for every case though)

1. Right-click on your Mesh (Inherited) component from the editor
  2. Then select Copy
  3. Paste it into your PhysicsConstraintComponent’s attached component names
  4. Just trim out the name out of ComponentName="{ThisIsWhatYouNeed}" and delete the rest of the copied text (i.e. the component name should now be ThisIsWhatYouNeed)

This should have your PhysicsConstraint find it using the underlying component name