Photo Mode

There are many reasons against it. Here’s some of them:
First, to do this, I have to add C++ classes into the project. Most of the users don’t like to install Visual Studio, learn some basics of programming to migrate code into their projects, etc. Otherwise, they will probably make such system by themselves.
Second, as I said before, if the product will be popular, I will start to add more new features. I even don’t mean sales (which are less than the number of fingers on one hand a.t.m.), but it’s strange to do something new when nobody leaves a positive rating or comment to show that they use this project actively and they really need new features.

Understood. I agree, scrap 360 deg. stereo/mono shots for now. However, in regards to in-game Iconography…

I do understand that position. But, sometimes Devs don’t know what they until you show them. That’s why I’m proceeding with publishing this, although its not getting positive feedback I hope for.

The advantage of Procedural/Semi-Procedural generated Icons is the massive time savings manually generating them. This feature is going to save me (a Solo Game Dev) tons of work allowing me to quickly pre-fab icons and transform the task into it Feature which Players can create/customize there own Icons.

If implemented in some form, I’m confident it would be a unique marketing feature that differentiates Photo Mode from Photomode.

In this case, can you tell me, how icon generation should work for you (or tell me your current workflow for icon creation)?
I also guess that without C++ it’s impossible to do such things, like automatic picture cropping to square resolution. Moreover, there is no guarantee that automatic camera placement for icon generation will give you a better result than manual adjustments.
I think it’s possible to write a plugin for that, so it would be easy for everyone to use it. But it’s hard to add such features in blueprint-only project…

Hi Kelheor, you have good points. For cropping, my thought is using a Material with alpha masking. I use alpha masks in EyeManga3D for Eye Shape Flipbook Animations. I was also thinking materials could be useful for layering foreground/background images to create borders, backdrops, labels and support animation (for comicbook intros). In regards to Automatic Snapshot, positioning the camera based on object’s size within specified viewport dimensions would be ‘good enough’ (its works for icons ON UnrealEd), which could be optionally manually adjusted later. I do appreciate your consideration on this. Perhaps when it is all said done, it will be a C++ Plugin in the Unreal Marketplace.

A new update has been submitted. Hope it will be released soon.

What’s new:

• 11 new filters.
  • Full Gamepad support
  • Auto Focus for Depth of Field effect
  • Focal region max value increased from 5000 to 20000 to achieve better control of DOF effect on huge landscapes.

Update now available for downloading.

A new update has been submitted. Hope it will be released soon.

What’s new:

Supersharp Mode - will make your screenshot looks sharper, which is especially useful for ArchVis projects.
Tone Mapper Adjustments tab - You can set new tone mapper from 4.15 in 4.14 or disable it in 4.15 and adjust different settings.
All adjusted settings now can be restored after exit photo mode - no need to configure all settings again, if you exit from Photo Mode.
Reset all settings button has been added.
**Two new Event Dispatchers - OnEnterPhotoModeDispatcher and OnExitPhotoModeDispatcher **- you can bind custom events to them everywhere without a need to implement any additional interfaces.

Due to adding a lot of new features, I’ll try to update all screenshots after the update will be available.

Update now available for downloading.

VR support (from UE 4.17) has been added to Photo Mode (Oculus Rift + Touch).

What’s added:
Photo mode 3D Widget
Customized VR Pawn (improved teleport locomotion, weapons support, 3D Widgets support, etc)
Photo Mode widget now can be used with custom Photo Pawns, which should implement BP_PhotoPawnInterface.
VR Showcase level.
Lots of small fixes and improvements.

Current limitations of VR mode:
Time dilation does not work with teleport movement, so it’s temporary disabled
Screenshots can be taken only in stereo format (I tried many ways&hacks to take standard monoscopic screenshots from VR, but currently without success)
A lesser amount of photo mode options available in VR mode, because they can’t be applied in VR.

Current recommended usage:
As a template for making 3D UI interactions in UE4 (just change photo mode widget to your own widget) or to quickly customize scene in VR (useful for ArchiViz or 3D model presentations).

Instructions:
You can toggle Photo Mode by pressing A on right motion controller if you don’t have any grabbed items in this hand.
You can grab/use items with a right hand in Photo Mode if 3D widget is hidden.
You can activate laser pointer to interact with widgets by holding grip button on the right motion controller.
You can take a screenshot by pressing B on the right motion controller.
You can toggle the visibility of 3D widget by pressing thumbstick, while you’re in Photo Mode.