Phasing out market product in favor of new one?

I have a product on marketplace I would like to discontinue and replace with an updated version (essentially a heavily revised version of the one to be discontinued). I’m not sure how to go about this. The new product would continue to use some elements from the old product. But I can’t just patch the original version with the new revisions since the two versions would have compatibility problems. On the other hand, I’m not crazy about alienating customers by requiring them to have to make a purchase again. Opinions on how to handle this?

So you want your old customers to be able to have access to this new revision?

If so you can probably speak to the marketplace staff about preventing new purchases on your old pack, and gifting access to the new one to all of your existing customers. I’ve seen products that have purchasing disabled, though I’m not sure how easy the latter will be. I’ve requested that certain products be given for free to certain Epic IDs from time to time, but I’m not sure how tedious the process is. If you have a few hundred/thousand purchases and the process is more manual than automatic then they may not do it. But it wouldn’t hurt to ask, that’s the only way you’ll find out. =)