Phantom 4.4.1?

About an hour ago I noticed the 4.4.0 Engine Slot on my UE Launcher had ‘Update’ as an option, so I clicked on it, which led to a 1GB+ download, installation, etc. After finishing, the slot still shows 4.4.0 and now has no update option. How do I tell whether that was actually 4.4.1 (w/Oculus support?) or just a weird launcher bug?

You don’t have 4.4.1 if it still says 4.4.0… I had the same on the weekend, have a look at thread for more details on how to get the 4.4.1 preview update, but as mentioned in the thread, was a non-update (seems like it updated but nothing actually happened).

My problem with is that it broke compatibility with my plugins (Substance + 's Victory plugin), so I think the only way I can fix that is if I remove and re-download version 4.4.0, but I’m not sure will fix it due to phantom update…

Here’s the thread with instructions on getting 4.4.1 Preview:

If you click the drop down menu, where it says 4.4.0, you should be able to see 4.4.1. Click on that to change it. It won’t automatically change itself, in case the upgrade breaks your current projects. Once you have done , it should stay launching as 4.4.1.

Thanks for the replies.

After doing the update, the 4.4 project I opened was flagged as being out of date and was automatically recompiled before opening, so it seems something changed.

The drop down menu (which continues to default to 4.2.0) currently still shows 4.4.0 as the 4.4.x option. The Engine Slot (upper-right of Launcher) for 4.4.x also shows 4.4.0 but is again showing ‘Update’ rather than ‘Launch’. I think I will wait until I hear 4.4.1 is out before going through the ‘upgrade’ again.

Hi ,

Please have a look at post for more information about the recent 4.4.0 updates:

Have a great day!