Permission requiired you must approve this premission in app settings:storage

For 5.3 use the following:

if (Target.Platform == UnrealTargetPlatform.Android)
{
    string manifestFile = System.IO.Path.Combine(ModuleDirectory, "AndroidSanitizePermissions_UPL.xml");
    AdditionalPropertiesForReceipt.Add("AndroidPlugin", manifestFile);
}

You must also use Shipping Mode, check For Distribution, and use Full Rebuild. Every Time. This will also prevent logs. This is the only solution I have as of now.

2 Likes

its official, google is the worst company ever, even apple with their crap rules dont pull this on people, unacceptable, we should stand up to this kind of corporation and take their rights back to the people

2 Likes

I read your poste link. where can i find this projects UPL file, or how can i create one exactly?
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Thanks! Installing it this way solved it for me

Iā€™m using Unreal Engine 5.3 with Java 17, In my case target API is 28 and I still have the same issue with the Storage permission.
@zero_queen Using UPL totally breaks the project. Unable to run it.
@RakibRahaman with your solution you are removing the possibility of having a save file in your game.
In the end, I have an application that runs, but has a bug and is unable to have game save.

@chuklov No, save game works. It saves in the Internal Storageā€¦ My game works fineā€¦

yes worsting companny google you right XD

me too wth is going on that permission 32 api getskus so many */ // after doing aton of SkuS permission problem was come yeet .Skus eater google

@zerg_queen i canā€™t find the source file in my projectā€™s path. Can i create the .xml file to any project path?

Thanks this worked for me.
I tried adding storage permissions through the google play console but looks like they require some justifications and them someone will review it. I get the impression that Android is trying to be more strict with permissions so maybe this is an elegant way to solve the problem.

On my point of view knowing that a game doesnā€™t require any permissions make me more likely to install a game and removing the content of the game after unistalling also sounds good

I agree, 1000%.

Thanks this works for me !

Yo guys, just had the problem with the Storage permission where the app on my phone when open wants the permission but in the system it does not want it and so you cant give it any permission. Just found out some sick Unreal Engine Project settings that have to be set up in order to be able to set all the permissions you want (the phone will ask you for them when you open the app and you can agree or not). So here is an Image. Hope it helps someone :slight_smile:

@zerg_queen By any change do you know where I can find this code in the engine?

If you mean in editor! That is in android section under project settings

@EONStudios No, I mean the engine/platform code responsible for requesting permissions when the launch image is enabled.

From my understanding, this ā€œWRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGEā€ permission get requested automatically when you open the app if you have launch image enabled.
I naively assumed that that is the way unreal engine/android handles run-time permissions listed in the editor.

But then I added the ā€œPOST_NOTIFICATIONā€ permission, and this one doesnā€™t get requested, instead need to be requested manually by code.
Why is that? They are both under the run-time permissions.

Hello. Recently I have replied to you in discord regarding post notifications.

To tackle read and write external storage permissions make sure disable launch image and over ride for android 10 and above to skip the permissions flags. Also Enable " Use ExternalFilesDir for UnrealGame files? " and make sure Install Location was internal

1 Like

I have a project set up for android sdk api 33. I canā€™t read a simple txt from documents folder.
I tried everything

• added extra permissions in android packaging for manage, read and write external
  • put the extra permissions in Build/Android ManifestRequirementsOverride.txt
  • Request Android Permissions in Bleprint in GameInstance with init event
  • tried the UPL method also

Nothing works! Any solutions for this?

Thank You!

Did this work?