Hi
Is there a specific config file or area where the video memory budget can be set? Either to Unreal for every project or a project-by-project basis? Whenever I use the Metahuman Character, it always tells me my video memory has been exhausted. I keep putting the code into the console to give it more, but it would be more convenient to have it set from the beginning.
Thanks
Hello there @DustyShinigami!
I believe the change can be done permanent if you add the console command to your project’s DefaultEngine.ini file. For example:
[SystemSettings]
r.Streaming.PoolSize=4000
In case you need this setup for every project you open, the same change can be done at appdata’s Engine.ini file (the route’s usually under %LOCALAPPDATA%\UnrealEngine\<version>\Saved\Config\).
One thing to consider, any scalability settings applied to specific projects could overwrite your manual settings, so by mindful of any changes there.
Hey, thanks. I didn’t appear to get a notification about this post for some reason. Will give that a try and report back. 
EDIT: It does appear that I did place r.Streaming.PoolSize=4000 in the DefaultEngine.ini file, but it hasn’t worked. It also doesn’t have a [SystemSettings] section. I’m guessing this needs to be added first in order for it to work…?
Yeah, so I have that command added to the project’s ini, but just leaving the project open, it occasionally pops up with the warning. Though it does disappear after a little while.
Hello again!
Sounds like the change helped a bit, but it’s not a permanent fix. Since metahumans are quite heavy by default, it is possible that the initial load of the character exceeds even the new pool size. You could increase it a bit further, but that won’t stop the spikes on VRAM. Once the stream catches up, memory usage drops, and the warning is cleared.
If you want to avoid it all together, I would suggest changing your project settings from Maximum to Scalable, then adjusting Scalability to Medium. After that, load a Metahuman, and check if the warning still appears.