PCG with World Partition

I am using the new Procedural Content Generation framework (PCG) in a World-Partitioned map. I am trying to get the PCG actors partitioned like the other actors in World Partition. But the PCG content doesn’t get unloaded when out of partition range.

3 Likes

I have the same issue, bumping.

2 Likes

Hey!
Make sure you use Is Partitioned option in PCGGraph actor. This will split instanced component into small parts.
Also on/off Parse Actor Components can help with regeneration (if all spawned actors will disappear after Is Partitioned set to true).

I solved the issue probably. I always had the PCG partitioned option On.

The PCG workflow for partitioned PCG Volume works way better if you cleanup everything from the volume, make any changes you want to the PCGActor (like changing the partition cell size, remember that any change to cell size quadruples number of PCG operations (divide cell size by two = 4x more partition squares)) and after the changes generate the volume again. Generate on Demand option is good, so is “Pause generation” in the PCG graph.
Using this workflow almost eliminated the bug in this thread.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
I solved it by just cleaning up my level and rebuilding it. (it’s a quite simple level)
I think it’s just some conflicts when things get too complicated.

Sadly this doesn’t work for me… trying to use Lyra’s weapon spawners on the default world partition map, with the spawner class assigned to a grid, and all the PCG partitioning settings here. It just fills the entire landscape with spawners and of course tanks performance.