PCG: Spline properties not recognised after moving to 5.3

PCG created in 5.2, following tutorials “UE5.2 Procedural Generation Plugin” that in the end contains this:

to remove the path of splines for the forest.
Is fine in 5.2:

where width (Y) is set to 100 .

Updated the project to 5.3, but now the path can be blocked completely - even wel width is set to 200:

If I set the width back to 100 - and setting debug on the spline, disable it on the shown node and disable spawning of the trees otherwise it is not visible -

It’s not just the rocks, trees are spawning on the spline (or too close) to the spine as well

1 Like

Some more information:

Settings for all control points in landscape spline:

Settings for all splinepoints in blueprint spline:

I haven’t placed a spline-mesh for I want the underground shown as it is.

When in PCG, debug of the spline does show this width, in both 5.2 and 5.3, clearly shown when all static mesh spawners are disabled:

Setting debug on two of the Surface sampler nodes,

in 5.2. width is taken into account:

in 5.3, it shows that there are objects spawning on, or very close to the splines:

There is more on this:
I created another world, this time using world partitioning, in 5.3.2, two levels: one containing the world I am creating, and one, much smaller, to develop and test the PCG (based on the one from the original question). In the main level, there are two types splines, both children of a basis blue-print spline; one with a width of 400, the other a width of 2000. I created 4 splines of the latter, and a large number of the first (over 100). The same splines are used in the test level, 2 with width of 2000 and 3 with width of 400. Next, I created a PCG volume and assigned my graph to it.
In the test level, these splines are taken into account in the PCG script: The GetSplineData nodes in the PCG show all the splines, and all the data on inpect

and in de bug mode, they show correctly, as I would expect:

In the development level, I did the same, and since all my splines and PCG graph are the same as in the test level, I would expect the same action. But the splines that are presented are not the ones in the volume, but ones elsewhere in the scene. Originally I had only one for the 400-wide ones, but at the moment there are 26, but none within the volume - where I have 2. Of the 2000-wide ones, all are shown in Inspect but not the one ending here, but no debug info at all.

Found something!
In the spline definition, width in Y direction is set for all points

400 for one, 2000 for the other

Originally, I used a different spline definition for both of them, I created these two children of the base spline (that has width = 1.0) later and replaced the existing ones with this adapted one, both 400 and 2000 wide ones. I just found out the 2000-wide ones didn’t have their Y-scale changed. and I forgot to check “Use multiple” in the PCG-node. After I changed that, all four now show up in inspect and debug.
The 400-wide ones that show up have been created from the latest version of the spline, but the ones that already existed without that change, or have been replaced by them, still don’t show up in Inspect and debug, even though the width has been changed in the spline definition, for all points.
The 2000 ones show up when starting inside the volume, sometimes when ending here, or even when completely outside - it’s not consistent. But even when the spline itself is shown, the projection is not excluded for spawning assets.
This is the lastest definition:

Enclosures that must be excluded work fine, it’s just the splines that cause problems

More information on this: I have a total of 384 splines with a width of 400, (very) short and (very) long, spread out over the whole scene, and 4 with a width of 2000, crossing from one side to the other:

The PCG volume now covers the whole scene.

Of the 400-wide ones, the yellow ones (84 splines) show debug data and are shown in Inspect. the rest is not noticed, won’t show in Inspect on getSplineData.
Of the 2000-wide ones, all four show up in the Inspect data, but only two have debug data.

Digging deeper, i found a possible cause: I started out with a blueprint spline, used an adapted existing child of this blueprint to create splines, and even later, created another child that I used from that moment on, and I replaced all the older ones with this new one. I could recognize this due to the naming: the old base blueprint, the first child and finally the last created one. The naming of the splines remained what is was: the asset name + number.

Now the 84 splines that show up are ALL of the last created (and used) blueprint, none of the replaced blueprints shop up in Inspect or debug!

What causes the 2000-wide ones to show up in Inspect but not showing debug data, might be something similar, but I cannot determine that from the data.

Can it be that replacing an asset is not actually a real replacement, but changing the original blueprint into a reference to the new one? And would I have to redraw all these splines to have them recognized by PCG, or is there a way to force OCG to see them?