PCG Question regarding enviralment creation

Question PCG Environmental Creation

I am new to unreal and I’m currently trying to scatter vegetation on static meshes in contrast to Landscape, this is because I am reliant on importing landscape parts from 3ds max.

I have found two ways I think are convenient but I’m encountering issues with both using PCG

What I would like to do ideally is to tag meshes, then in PCG be able to select the tagged meshes, turn them into points and scatter assets on those points, in that way I can easily adjust which meshes are part of a specific PCG.

The issue I am facing when converting meshes to points is that the “mesh to point” node only accept one mesh input, and merging meshes in unreal itself is undesirable since I might want different meshes to be part of multiple separate PCGs(hence why tagging seems like a good option).

The second way I am trying is to use the “World Ray Hit Query” and limit the target to actors with a specified tag, the issue I’m facing here is when I enable unbound with the surface sampler the points dissapear completely