PC Specifications for UE4

Hey fellow Unreal Engine users! I’m soon going to build a PC. Can someone list specs, or make a pcpartpicker.com list, (either one is fine), and show me the most ideal and cheap parts for UE4?

I already made one, so you can also just tell me how to make this one more ideal but cheap:

So yeah, thanks in advance!

Pretty well balanced and a reasonable price. My main concern is that 120GB SSD will fill up very very quick with Windows, software, and Unreal Engine. I already have to do space juggling with a 256GB SSD.

Couldn’t I put UE4 on the 3TB?

If you are going to be working in UE4 seriously, I’d recommend putting UE4 and any incorporated/used software (Visual Studio, etc.) on an SSD. I have a 500Gb SSD for my OS and software, and then a seperate 500Gb SSD for the project themselves (I just relocated my Documents folder to my other SSD). With a few engine versions, and the engine compiled from source, I am using up about 150Gb in engine installations alone. As far as your projects go, things like autosaves and such can add up to a lot of space, fairly quickly. If you are like me and don’t like having to delete those sorts of things, I would recommend reserving a good chunk of space (100Gb+ for a modest user) for projects, wherever you may store them.

Ryzen 7 1700 + ASUS Prime B350-Plus
it’s $420 on amazon, the processor comes with cooler, you get 4 more physical cores saving $48 bucks (dropping the EVO).

240+ SSD as people already mentioned, a 500gb would be the sweet spot, I’d say try save on other parts to get one.

I would also recommend getting a second monitor or at least a larger one. The more space you have for unreal windows the better.

This. I am often using all 3 of my monitors when working in Unreal. The engine itself on one, a Blueprint graph on another, and Visual Studio on the 3rd (Or often a 2nd Blueprint graph, occasionally one on each monitor).

system requirement of unreal 4 my pc is core i5 4 gb ram 1435mb ram share memory of graphic can it run on my computer

Hi there. I am in the process of becoming a level/environment designer and want to make sure that I have the correct specifications. A lot of times when I am adding foliage elements the screen freezes and I am unable to continue working. I am not entirely sure why. These are my specifications:

Intel i7 9700-CPU 3.0GHz
16 Gig RAM
245 SSD
2TB HDD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER Graphics Card
I have one 27" monitor.

What would you recommend I add or do?

Open the Task Manager (Ctr+Shift+Esc if you’re on Windows) and switch to the *Performance *tab. Keep working and keep an eye out on what is spiking when things freeze: CPU, Memory usage, disk utilisation or GPU.

This should give you a reasonable estimate regarding what could be the bottleneck. Once you know who the culprit is, you can think about upgrading the under-performing element.

My bet is running out of RAM resulting in writing to swap file but who knows. Is UE4 installed on the SSD?