[Pc Hardware] - system requirements and building a Pc

Hey all, fairly new here and i really need help haha

I’m primarily going to be using my PC for modeling and animation (Maya 2016), Photoshop and then of course rendering it all I’ll also be playing around with Unreal Engine 4 and hopefully get into it pretty seriously, besides that i’ll be playing Star Citizen and that’s about it.

I wouldn’t want to go over 2000 by much, thats excluding a Mouse,keyboard,Mic,Headset,Monitor and Pc Case.

I’m pretty new to Computer components and how they all work, so any extra information is appreciated.

My Starting point is my Pc Case which is the NZXT H440 Razer PC case.
https://store.nzxt.com/products/h440-designed-by-razer-mid-tower

THE CURRENT BUILD SO FAR
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yxfB6h
NOTE: This was recommended to me on the Reddit hardware subreddit i just want to know if this is a good build? or am i better off with a intel i7processor which has more GHZ ? less cores ?

PU Intel Xeon E5-2630 V3 2.4GHz 8-Core OEM/Tray Processor $619.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $29.99 @ Directron
Motherboard ASRock X99 Extreme4 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard $190.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Team Elite Plus 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $165.98 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $97.95 @ OutletPC
Storage Hitachi Deskstar 7K2000 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $56.43 @ Amazon
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card $689.97 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $121.99 @ SuperBiiz
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit) $89.99 @ NCIX US
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $2063.28

From my understanding Intel processors are far better for rendering , and nividia cards are better for software like Maya, as far as that i dont know much else about building a PC , any help is really appreciated !

Thanks in advance

Those specs look pretty solid for your purposes and for running UE4, particularly the GPU, PSU, processor and RAM. I know plenty of people with the Solid State HD + 2TB Hard drive set up who are very happy. I’m not familiar with the MotherBoard, though. I recommend double checking reviews on this and if mostly positive, go with it. Disclosure: I’m not an expert, but am running a lesser system and can run UE4, Maya and most games with ease.

I would switch the CPU to maybe an i7 5820, you don’t really need to go into the server processors unless you have lots of money and the i7 5960 isn’t fast enough
I don’t think you can run that Xeon processor on that motherboard because it’s a desktop motherboard