My name is Tim Hobson and I work with Epic’s Engine Support Team. I’ve decided to start doing some training/support type streams when I have some free time. I don’t have a set schedule of how often I would do these, but if there is enough interest I could see doing these on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
Note: This stream is not directly associated with Epic Games.
So, for the first stream my idea is to do a similarly structured stream to the Support Training streams that Epic does every Tuesday. This is a good format and offers the opportunity to run through some explanations and examples before taking the time to answer some questions.
For each stream I will create a Google Doc that anyone can edit and add questions to.
Feel free to add any questions here. Please keep in mind that I do not guarantee I will answer every question here, I may not know the answer to all questions asked, and I will not answer anything not related to the topic of this stream.
Stream Subject: Destructible Meshes
When: Saturday, October 3rd
Time: 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM (EST) [or longer if needed]
- Destructible Mesh Editor Overview
- Limitations and General Overview of PhysX Destruction
- Light overview of PhysX Labs. Not intended to be an in-depth overview.
- Types of Destruction (PhysX DM, BP/Mobile Prefractured Mesh, and Animation)
- DM Example: Basic setup with Impact Damage
- DM Example: Multiple settings for more complex setup
- DM Example: Wall with Non-Fracturable chunks
- DM Example: Imported FBX Chunks
- Details Panel settings specific to DMs
Finish with Q&A
If anyone cannot make the stream, I will be uploading to my personal YouTube channel.
Also check out any updates on my original thread where I post other tutorials and answer questions.
If anyone has any questions feel free to send me a private message here on the forums or leave a message here.
Added YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khfy1cagguY&feature=youtu.be