Pay-Per-Input (PPI) Licensing Model

PPI Model Explanation and Use

PPI mode can be used either as a trial of the software or for normal production of models. It has all the functions that RealityCapture provides, so it is not anyhow limited. You can create any project inside RealityCapture using the PPI mode and you will only be asked to license your inputs using the PPI credits once you want to export your results. This means that you are not licensing your results, but your inputs. Once licensed, you can use those same inputs in a different project without having to use the PPI credits again.

How can I buy PPI Credits?

You can purchase PPI credits on our site or in the application when you are asked to license your inputs before export.

To check your transactions and your current credit balance sign into your account on our site, and go to the section Transactions .

What do I get for 1 credit?

For one PPI credit, you can license one 4 Mpx image or one laser scan with 166,600 points.

You can easily check how many credits you will need to license your inputs with this PPI calculator .

PPI tutorial for beginners

This is a full list of steps to follow as a beginner wanting to use the PPI from the beginning to exporting your results:

1. Install RealityCapture on your Windows computer.
  2. Run the application.
  3. Sign in with your Epic Games account (or your Legacy account). Alternatively, you can use the button “Anonymous” without the need to sign in.
  4. After signing in, you will be asked to choose a license, so you select Pay-Per-Input (PPI). If you don’t have a license, you will be automatically prompted to activate in the PPI mode.
  5. Now you can import your inputs and start creating your project.
  6. Once you are done with your work, you have reconstructed a model and want to export it, RealityCapture will ask you to license your inputs using the credits. In case you are using the application anonymously, you need to sign in during export.
  7. In order to license your inputs, you can either use previously purchased PPI credits, use a redeem code or pay directly.
  8. In order to use credits assigned to your account, you need to enter a PIN to confirm the payment. To create a PIN or to manage your already existing PINs, go to MY PIN
  9. Now that your inputs are licensed, you can export your creation. If you use those same inputs in a new project, you won’t have to license them again.

Cannot see PPI credits in my account or they are not detected during export in RealityCapture

When purchasing the PPI credits, those are assigned to the account from which you have submitted the order. Please RealityCapture.
To check if you are using the correct account in the application, click on the question mark icon in the upper right corner to open the about info window.

1 Like