Pawn Camera, Pawn Player... Two BP and only choose one

Good morning.

here is my current problem: I have a BP pawn which manages the movement, rotation and zoom of my camera.

My game will handle between 1 and 6 players.

1st question: Is it necessary for everyone to have their own camera?

Then, the game is turn-based and movement by square. Each player will control their own character.

2nd question: How do I use both my Camera pawn(s) and my Character pawns?

Immediately, if I place a camera and a spring arm on my BP_Pawn_Perso, the input from my camera modifies the rotation and movement of the Perso and not of the camera.

And if I use my camera in GameMode, it works perfectly but as a result, none of my Personal Pawns move when I click on the map.

thank you in advance for your support =)

If I understand your questions correctly, it sounds like you possess either the Pawn with the camera or the Character Pawn, and that is why only one of them is controlled at any time.

You could possess one of them and enable input to the other so they both get inputs, and they each respond only to the inputs you want for each.

As for each pawn having their own camera, I didn’t know multiple client machines (more than one player) could share a camera. Even if they could, why would you do that? What is your use case for such a design?

Good Evening =)

I don’t know if it’s the translation that’s bad or me who misunderstood x) To sum up: Do you see the Xcom game? Well I want to do that… So free camera and able to move freely on the map and control 1 person (and not 6 as in Xcom). The problem I currently have is that if I make a reference to my character in the movement function of the controller, it is still my Camera which is targeted to carry out this movement.

Without seeing more of your scripting I can’t say why you are seeing the wrong pawn moving.

As I mentioned, you can send signals to both by possessing one and setting the other to enable inputs.

Hi,

Better ? =S

if it’s ok, I delete this question :wink: