PatchNewCDOIntoLinker found non-ideal redirection of class

While cooking, I get this:

LogBlueprint:Warning: PatchNewCDOIntoLinker: found non-ideal redirection of class for /Engine/Transient.REINST_Structure_AlchemyTable_Eka_C_16866:PrimalInventoryBP_AlchemyTable_Eka_C_0

I have had these quite a lot (on different files), something like once a week or more. I have tried a lot of things to fix these, but the only solution so far has been to re-create the files (either from a old version or completely new). I’d like to avoid re-creating files over and over again. Currently about 75% of my dev time goes into fixing issues like this, or other issues (this post is going to be about this issue only).

My mod has over 4000 .uasset files. The issues started to become more common after 264 update Edit: I’m not sure about the relation here though, it could be also any other number of reasons, it’s just a general feeling of spending a lot of time lately fixing old stuff going strangely broken seemingly without reason. I’m replacing pretty much everything in game, except for some basic like fiber, stone, flint. All structures, player pawn, gamestate, gamemode, etc. I’m cooking as a map extension because I also have some map extension stuff in it (two levels). Link to the mod below.

Most of the time, if not always (I haven’t kept track), this particular issue is about inventory components.

One of the weirdest thing about this is how it surfaces:
Yesterday I was playtesting and fixing bugs as I find them, and I stumbled upon the fact, that I can’t craft certain resource items (two ink resource items), because they reference to vanilla resource items. So I changed the ink items crafting resource costs, touched nothing else in the mod. These ink resource items have nothing to do with my alchemy table or it’s inventory component, there are no references between them. Last time I had modified the alchemy table inventory component nearly 2 weeks ago, I work on my mod pretty much every day.

Here are my version control history log entries around that time:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
r1928 | xxx | 2017-08-28 14:28:55 +0300 (Mon, 28 Aug 2017) | 1 line
Changed paths:
   M /ChangeLog.txt
   M /Mods/Eka/Resources/Ink/PrimalItem_Ink_Eka.uasset
   M /Mods/Eka/Resources/Ink/PrimalItem_Ink_HighQuality_Eka.uasset
   M /todo.txt

Fixed crafting ink.
r1927 | xxx | 2017-08-28 13:29:36 +0300 (Mon, 28 Aug 2017) | 1 line
Changed paths:
   M /ChangeLog.txt
   M /Mods/Eka/Consumables/Potions/PrimalItemConsumable_StaminaSoup_Eka.uasset
   M /todo.txt

Fixed crafting resource costs for energy brew.

Revision 1927 cooked normally, no issues. Revision 1928 has this issue.

I have verified that the inventory component and the structure files are identical to what is in my version control system (which is run on separate computer).

If I revert the ink files to revision 1927, the issue with alchemy table inventory component goes away.

Would attach the cook log, but it’s being denied by this forum (size / compression extension), so here is a snippet from it, around the place where it shows the error:

[2017.08.29-10.56.28:249]  0]LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to load '/Game/PrimalEarth/Test/TekEngram': Can't find file for asset '/Game/PrimalEarth/Test/TekEngram' while loading NULL.
[2017.08.29-10.56.30:677]  0]LogLinker:Warning: Can't find file '/Game/PrimalEarth/Test/TekEngram'
[2017.08.29-10.56.30:677]  0]LoadErrors: Info Failed to load /Game/Mods/Eka/PrimalGameData_Eka.PrimalGameData_Eka_C Referenced by PrimalItem_TekRifle_C Property /Script/ShooterGame.PrimalItem:BlueprintBackgroundOverrideTexture
[2017.08.29-10.56.30:677]  0]LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to load '/Game/PrimalEarth/Test/TekEngram': Can't find file '/Game/PrimalEarth/Test/TekEngram'
[2017.08.29-10.56.30:677]  0]LogLinker:Warning: Can't find file for asset '/Game/PrimalEarth/Test/TekEngram' while loading NULL.
[2017.08.29-10.56.30:678]  0]LoadErrors: Info Failed to load /Game/Mods/Eka/PrimalGameData_Eka.PrimalGameData_Eka_C Referenced by PrimalItem_TekRifle_C Property /Script/ShooterGame.PrimalItem:BlueprintBackgroundOverrideTexture
[2017.08.29-10.56.30:678]  0]LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to load '/Game/PrimalEarth/Test/TekEngram': Can't find file for asset '/Game/PrimalEarth/Test/TekEngram' while loading NULL.
[2017.08.29-10.56.32:431]  0]LogBlueprint:Warning: USimpleConstructionScript::FixupRootNodeParentReferences() - Couldn't find native parent component 'CapsuleComponent_55' for 'DefaultSceneRoot' in BlueprintGeneratedClass 'REINST_Dino_AIController_BP_C_10245' (it may have been removed)
[2017.08.29-10.57.15:919]  0]LogBlueprint:Warning: PatchNewCDOIntoLinker: found non-ideal redirection of class for /Game/Mods/Eka/Structures/AlchemyTable/Structure_AlchemyTable_Eka.Structure_AlchemyTable_Eka_C:PrimalInventoryBP_AlchemyTable_Eka_C_2
[2017.08.29-10.57.15:919]  0]LogBlueprint:Warning: PatchNewCDOIntoLinker: found non-ideal redirection of class for /Engine/Transient.REINST_Structure_AlchemyTable_Eka_C_16866:PrimalInventoryBP_AlchemyTable_Eka_C_2
[2017.08.29-10.57.57:296]  0]LogLinker:Warning: Can't find file '/Game/OldAssets/Sounds/InterfaceAudio/Stereo/UI_LowHealth_Loop_Stereo'
[2017.08.29-10.57.57:296]  0]LoadErrors: Info Failed to load /Game/OldAssets/Sounds/InterfaceAudio/Stereo/UI_LowHealth_Loop_Stereo.UI_LowHealth_Loop_Stereo Referenced by SoundNodeWavePlayer_1 Property /Script/Engine.SoundNodeWavePlayer:SoundWave
[2017.08.29-10.57.57:296]  0]LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to load '/Game/OldAssets/Sounds/InterfaceAudio/Stereo/UI_LowHealth_Loop_Stereo': Can't find file '/Game/OldAssets/Sounds/InterfaceAudio/Stereo/UI_LowHealth_Loop_Stereo'
[2017.08.29-10.57.57:297]  0]LogLinker:Warning: Can't find file for asset '/Game/OldAssets/Sounds/InterfaceAudio/Stereo/UI_LowHealth_Loop_Stereo' while loading NULL.
[2017.08.29-10.57.57:297]  0]LoadErrors: Info Failed to load /Game/OldAssets/Sounds/InterfaceAudio/Stereo/UI_LowHealth_Loop_Stereo.UI_LowHealth_Loop_Stereo Referenced by SoundNodeWavePlayer_1 Property /Script/Engine.SoundNodeWavePlayer:SoundWave
[2017.08.29-10.57.57:297]  0]LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to load '/Game/OldAssets/Sounds/InterfaceAudio/Stereo/UI_LowHealth_Loop_Stereo': Can't find file for asset '/Game/OldAssets/Sounds/InterfaceAudio/Stereo/UI_LowHealth_Loop_Stereo' while loading NULL.
[2017.08.29-10.58.10:549]  0]LogLinker:Warning: Can't find file '/Game/PrimalEarth/Structures/Stone/Stone_GiantCeiling_Gate/SM_Stone_GiantCeiling_GateFrame_4x42'
[2017.08.29-10.58.10:550]  0]LoadErrors: Info Failed to load /Game/PrimalEarth/Structures/Stone/Stone_GiantCeiling_Gate/SM_Stone_GiantCeiling_GateFrame_4x42.SM_Stone_GiantCeiling_GateFrame_4x42 Referenced by SM_Stone_GiantCeiling_GateFrame_4x42_DM Property /Script/Engine.DestructibleMesh:SourceStaticMesh
[2017.08.29-10.58.10:550]  0]LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to load '/Game/PrimalEarth/Structures/Stone/Stone_GiantCeiling_Gate/SM_Stone_GiantCeiling_GateFrame_4x42': Can't find file '/Game/PrimalEarth/Structures/Stone/Stone_GiantCeiling_Gate/SM_Stone_GiantCeiling_GateFrame_4x42'
[2017.08.29-10.58.10:550]  0]LogLinker:Warning: Can't find file for asset '/Game/PrimalEarth/Structures/Stone/Stone_GiantCeiling_Gate/SM_Stone_GiantCeiling_GateFrame_4x42' while loading NULL.
[2017.08.29-10.58.10:551]  0]LoadErrors: Info Failed to load /Game/PrimalEarth/Structures/Stone/Stone_GiantCeiling_Gate/SM_Stone_GiantCeiling_GateFrame_4x42.SM_Stone_GiantCeiling_GateFrame_4x42 Referenced by SM_Stone_GiantCeiling_GateFrame_4x42_DM Property /Script/Engine.DestructibleMesh:SourceStaticMesh

Update:

Fixed the issue by re-creating the inventory component. While doing so, everything was great (I did a lot of test cooking, after nearly every change), until the final changes: adding references (the “crafting requires inventory component” -list) from the craftable items (potions and drugs) to the new inventory component. Some of them were ok, but with majority of the craftable items, the new inventory component started to give the same error.

So in summary: Initially the error started to appear while cooking after changing the two ink items, which are not crafted in this alchemy table and do not have direct references with the inventory component (or with the structure). And with the new inventory component the same error started to appear when adding the inventory component to the list of “crafting requires inventory component” for some (majority) of the craftable items.

I have not yet tested the fix in game, I’ll post another update if it doesn’t work in one way or another.