Patch for Vive Trackers support

[USER=“2200”]Enter Reality[/USER]
I mean build configurations in UE4 C++ project (screenshot).

Also, I think it makes sence to create empty 4.19 project with trackers and package to test before you update your main project.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“data-tempid”:“temp_134802_1523524611352_308”}[/ATTACH]

Thanks, I really appreciate the help!

Update:

With 4.19 no crashes! thanks god :smiley:

OT: I just sent you a PM related to the Vive Mocap Kit :wink:

An update for 4.19.1 is planned in early May.

4.19.1 version was tested with four trackers in editor, packaged developer+shipping configs.

Hi YuriNK,

I have purchased your Vive Mocap Kit, and I’m have the issue of using 4 lighthouses with 3 trackers, and I just tried your patch via your instructions for 4.19.2 and it works when I launch an editor version of my project but if i package my project i get the same error as was mentioned before by DEHIVE. I’ve saved a zip of the log and crash log for the packaged project launch and PM’d you that as well. You had mentioned that 4.19 should be working packaged with the provided patch. As my issue is with having 4 lighthouses and 3 trackers, I was thinking it may be slightly different than DEHIVE’s issue. Was hoping you could shed some light on what might be wrong.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“data-tempid”:“temp_139366_1528020636062_967”}[/ATTACH]

@MagicBots
Hi,

• Did you try to launch the project with two lighthouses? Actually, I thought SteamVR doesn’t support more then two lighthouses yet.
  • Do you use input events from Vive Trackers (Steam Generic Trigger, Steam Generic Grip etc)? If yes, don’t use them via Input mapping. Only direct events in blueprint.
  • Try to package in Development configurtaion (File -> Package Project -> Build Configuration -> Development). Does it crash too?

Also, try to delete fully SteamVR plugin folder (Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.19\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR) with all containing files and replace it by this: SteamVR_FullDirectory_Fixed_4192.zip - Google Drive

Sorry, I can’t find zip archive with log.

@YuriNK , thank you so much for your work on this plug in. We had great success with it a few months ago using 4.18.3, but then after not using it for awhile we updated to the Vive Pro HMD and when we came back to it our inputs weren’t working anymore (Steam Generic Trigger, Steam Generic Grip, etc). We tried calling it from the blueprint as well as input mapping and neither worked.

We have now switched to 4.19.2 to try to fix this and unfortunately its still not working for us. I have used the 4.19.2 patches in your first post as well as in your most recent one with no luck.

Anything I can do to help you find the source of this bug? Is it related to the recent change to SteamVR inputs by steam?

Unfortunately, I don’t have a hardware to test input. Can you check if input in thispackaged project works? It should print messages like "TRIGGER’, "GRIP’ etc.
Also, try version of the patch (for 4.19.2) from my previous post.

I didn’t update my SteamVR for a while, but they shouldn’t break backward compatibility.

@YuriNK , thanks for that. I will try that packaged project when I return home. I have already tried the version in your previous post and that didn’t work either unfortunately.

if it helps, my blue prints are also now giving me warnings below the input events in the blueprint. They say:
InputKey Event specifies invalid FKey’Steam_Generic_Trigger’ for Steam_Generic_Trigger

Please see attached.

I tested your VMG project quickly just now and it wasn’t giving me any messages when I used the tracker inputs unfortunately.

Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

Hmm. It worked a few weeks ago.

Do warnings disappear after ‘Compile’?

For all (who have my ViveMocap plugin!):

Please, try to download and package this project: ViveMocapGame_TestPatch.zip - Google Drive
It should 1) work with multiple Vive Trackers 2) receive input (Trigger and Touchpad) from Vive Trackers and write messages in the Text Render Component.
The first works for me, the second I can’t test.

The idea is to figure out what cause the problem. If you have crashes with this project packaged (I and don’t), the problem is in distribution of the patch and I need to remove some files from the archive. If it works for you as for me, the problem is somewhere in your projects.

I’m using 4.19.2.

Clicking compile does clear the warnings. (edited)

Yes it was working for me weeks ago too, but for some reason not anymore. I will do more testing with a fresh new project.

If you have a tracker you can test inputs yourself by shorting between the pogo pins (the tracker dev guide page 19 provides instructions: https://dl.vive.com/Tracker/Guideline/HTC_Vive_Tracker_Developer_Guidelines_v1.6.pdf).

Hopefully others can chime in regarding whether it works for them too so I know if its me doing something wrong.

I can’t. Does it work for you in editor?

So the issue here just turned out to be with derived files, i deleted all derive files and folders, rebuilt project files, and rebuilt.
Now everything works with the 4 way tracking and my 3 trackers with your patch. So thanks!

Yes, 4 way tracking is working with steamVR. You just need to poke the pinhole in the back of two of the light houses to change the channel to S2 and S3 so they aren’t conflicting with your other two lighthouses until you get all 4 showing up in steamVR… ( of course try at your own risk ).
Not sure why HTC is saying it’s not available at the moment. Maybe because of ongoing issues like this one with unreal’s current steamVR integration etc…

They are starting to enable many more lighthouses than 4 in beta. I think 4 lighthouses is still the max within the same tracking volume at the moment.

@MagicBots, are the tracker inputs working for you mate?

@yukiNk, good news, I have reverted from SteamVR Beta to the main SteamVR version and my tracker inputs have returned!

There is also a version of SteamVR beta called ‘openvr-inputemulator-temporary’ and I am finding that the tracker inputs are working on that version also.

Great. So I’ll try again my screwdriver experiment with non-beta SteamVR.