Part of Mesh Is Missing on Import (None of the other solutions have solved it)

I created a door hinge in Blender 4.0 and when I import it into UE5 part of the mesh is missing, but it’s none of the issues I would normally expect. First here is the hinge in Blender:

The hinge is 2 meshes. The upper portion of the hinge is one single mesh. This upper mesh was duplicated, rotated and placed below the top mesh to form the complete 2 part hinge. I applied all of the transformations to the lower mesh within Blender. The normal faces are all correct as you can see.

I have exported it from Blender as a .FBX and imported that into UE5.

Here is the resulting mesh:

You can see the the upper mesh renders exactly as expected. However, the lower mesh, which is just a duplicate, doesn’t renter the cylindrical portion of the mesh. It looks like UE5 just doesn’t recognize the geometry as when it’s selected, the yellow bounding box only shows the flat portion of the mesh and not the cylindrical portion. I would think that the selection outline would show the correct shape if it was a rendering issue.

Any thoughts?

I have no idea why. It’s particularly confusing since the problem mesh is just a duplicate of the mesh that is rendering correctly.

1 Like

Hello I have the exact same issue, however I have come from Maya rather than Blender. All other responses lead towards it being an inverted normal issue however as seen in the picture posted by Greg there is no orange outline indicating the missing part of the mesh. Also when viewing the mesh from inside the missing parts that you would normally find inverted simply are not there.

(I have also check both my vertex and face normals and the are pointing in the correct direction & i do not have negative scale on any part of the mesh)

Also adding to this when I view the UVs of my object inside UE5 the areas of the mesh that are missing are also missing from the UVs. in my case it’s just part of a UV island missing not the whole island.

I am happy to provide files or extra screen shots if required.

I have this exact issue as well from Maya models. Any resolutions?