I have run in to this problem with multiple Paragon Character Assets, so I’m positive it’s just something that I don’t understand. I’m able to use all of the existing Anim Montage assets, but if I try to create a montage from an animation and use it, it doesn’t appear to work. The PlayAnimMontage node fires, but the Character doesn’t play the animation montage, or even appear to be affected.
What I’ve done is
- Created an Anim Montage from the Q_Flip_Fwd animation that comes with Wukong (just right-clicked the animation and hit Create->Create Anim Montage)
- Added an Input Action and mapped it to a key.
- In the Player_Wukong Character BP (Where all of my character controls that are working are), I just dropped in a InputAction event for the new input
- I linked the input event to a Play Anim Montage node and selected the Q_Flip_Fwd_Montage
- I also pulled out a Print String node and printed the output of the PlayAnimMontage node, which prints the length of the animation on screen when I hit the key (not 0, so it’s firing)
The only difference that I’m able to find, with my limited understanding, between the Anim Montage assets that come with the Wukong assets, and the one that I’m generating is that the Q_Flip_Fwd animation affects the whole skeleton, whereas the attack Montages that come with it (and work) are only the upper body. That being said, I don’t understand where that would make a difference; just that it may.