Paper2D Character Dissapearing

Hello, I believe this is my first post /question here so I will cut straight to it.
I started a new project which is using sprites. I am following this tutorial on .
Right off start there are two problems I am facing though.

1st problem, is that my character becomes invisible as soon as he touches default “SM_TEMPLATE_MAP_FLOOR” asset/ground.

2nd problem, is that my WorldSettings do not seem to save. So everytime I load up project those settings have been reset, and my character doesn’t spawn anymore.

I haven’t found anything about somebody having similiar issues to mine, so I figured I would ask here!
I have also tried nuking UE4 off of my computer and reinstalling it, but unfourtanetly that did not help either.
Besides problems I seem to be having, ue4 is pretty sexy :wink:
Btw, if I happen to be posting this question on wrong board feel free to move my post :smiley:

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated
-JJ

I have just tried this out again, this time on a different computer, with same results. Character dissapears on impact with ground. Is tutorial simply wrong is or is this some kind of bug?

Hi JJG,

I wasn’t able to reproduce issue with disappearing character in 4.5.1, but usually this is a result of something getting in between camera and character, shortening length of SpringArm. To test if this is what’s happening, disable Do Collision Test in SpringArm component’s details.

For second issue, I believe you may have created a new level and not set it as default for project. World Settings are per-level, so if you don’t open map you saved that in you won’t have same settings. Did you start a new level when you created project? You can go to Project Settings > Maps & Modes and change Game Default Map and Editor Startup Map to level you want to load when you open project.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for help, everything you said was spot on and solved problems. Changing spring arm component to not check for collisions fixed problem with dissapearing character. I guess character was too small and therefore spring arm got to close to ground. Upscaling capsule component would also fix issue. Thanks for help :smiley: