Hey Epic -
Here are some feature requests for Paper 2D that would be awesome to see and use in Unreal Engine.
- Animation Tree support for Paper2D.
- A ‘paper pawn’ class just like there is a ‘Paper Character’ or ‘Paper Sprite Actor’ class.
- In-engine keyframe based animation support for both paper2D and 3D skeletal meshes.
- Large world support for Paper2D - Details here or maybe a fork of the world composition toolset?
- The ability to set anim notifies in the paper 2D editor.
- The ability to import 2D Skeletal animations from Spine or Spriter.
- More Paper 2D based project templates - Top Down, Retro FPS (DOOM, Wolf3D, Strife, Duke3D), etc.
Last but not least - Allot of Performance improvements and optimizations to Paper 2D - Currently paper 2d is not production ready for larger projects. It is great for small projects but not big ones.
Thank you for your time,