Elara is at the forefront of emergent media, blending artistry and technological advances. We excel in developing strategic digital content for a wide range of companies, particularly those in the medical, pharmaceutical, and industrial markets. With extensive expertise in Virtual Reality, 3D animation, and interactive solutions, we specialize in creating immersive experiences for training, education, marketing, and sales.
Under the direction of production management, the XR Technical Specialist (XR Spec.) is responsible for providing technical planning, development, implementation, and support for XR Applications.
The primary duties of the XR Spec. lie within the Software Engineering Domain. Elements include:
- The architecture, development, operation, and maintenance of software systems including:
- user research,
- user centric design,
- development or configuration,
- testing and implementation of the creative application services for the XR Production Team.
XR Spec. acts as technical liaison between internal and external end-users, technical analysts, IT staff, consultants, and other organizations in the analysis, design, implementation, configuration, and testing of systems software projects.
- This includes but not limited to:
- Status reporting,
- Technical solutions recommendation,
- Coordinating efforts between internal and external stakeholders and providing updates to executive staff.
- Serves as the subject matter expert to ensure that the business/programs needs are being considered during the planning and implementation of software projects.
- Develop processing standards and procedures for the systems and projects, project planning, status reporting, application programming, testing, training, and implementation of software systems in a short release and iterative environment.
- Provide technical expertise and perform analysis and activities associated with:
- application design, database design and support web application development.
- Provide technical support to resolve any application issues for external customers.
- Provide consultation, code reviews and training related to application standards and methodologies.
- Monitor and prioritize workload of various applications.
- Resolve system problems and recommend the best methods of applying new technologies for the most critical systems.
- Research and implement new technologies in the XR space, evaluate new system application requests and prioritize applications in the pipeline to plan the deployment and adequately meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Analyze business re-engineering efforts by examining and redesigning the business processes and work-flows.
- System architecture diagrams and system flow diagram building.
- Develop and apply improvements using innovative technologies to meet the business needs.
The job can be mentally demanding, as the subject matters we go into can be vastly deep and complex, so we need a stoic individual that can rapidly learn while staying organized and on schedule.
Four years of interactive project development / information technology experience performing technical and/or analytical tasks for computer systems or services; or 120 semester units (or 180 quarter units) from an accredited college or university including at least 15 semester units (or 22.5 quarter units) of IT, or closely related course work; or Any equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Extensive experience working in the Unreal Engine or Unity Game engine.
- Great with communication and can give and receive new ideas with ease.
- Driven to grow, learn and output only your best.
- Self-starter that is dedicated to uplifting the studio development.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Of course, we also have a competitive edge in health benefits, offering employees the ability to choose from a range of fantastic providers; access to 401k; scalable vacation and skill-based wages, competitive to the industry standards.