Job Description and Duties
Elara is at the forefront of emergent media, blending artistry and technological advances. We excel in developing strategic digital content for a wide range of companies, particularly those in the medical, pharmaceutical, and industrial markets. With extensive expertise in Virtual Reality, 3D animation, and interactive solutions, we specialize in creating immersive experiences for training, education, marketing, and sales.
In collaboration with production management, the XR Technical Manager (XR Manager) is responsible for providing technical leadership, planning, development, implementation, and support for XR Applications.
The primary duties of the XR Manager include:
Managing a small team of software engineers -
- Assign, review, and approve project tasks and deliverables across multiple concurrent projects.
- Collaborate with project management to set timelines, project scope, and correspond with customers.
- Collect and document user requirements. Develop user stories, estimates, and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals, and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
XR Manager acts as technical liaison between internal and external end-users, technical analysts, IT staff, consultants, and other organizations in the analysis, design, implementation, configuration, and testing of systems software projects.
This includes but not limited to -
- Status reporting, technical solutions recommendation, coordinating efforts between internal and external stakeholders, and providing updates to executive staff.
- Serves as the subject matter expert to ensure that the business/program needs are being considered during the planning and implementation of software projects.
- Develop processing standards and procedures for the systems and projects, project planning, status reporting, application programming, testing, training, and implementation of software systems in a short release and iterative environment.
Provide technical expertise and perform analysis and activities associated with -
- Application design, database design, and support web application development. Provide technical support to resolve any application issues for external customers.
- Provide consultation, code reviews, and training related to application standards and methodologies. Monitor and prioritize workload of various applications.
- Resolve system problems and recommend the best methods of applying new technologies for the most critical systems.
- Research and implement new technologies in the XR space, evaluate new system application requests and prioritize applications in the pipeline to plan the deployment and adequately meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Analyze business re-engineering efforts by examining and redesigning the business processes and workflows.
- System architecture diagrams and system flow diagram building.
- Develop and apply improvements using innovative technologies to meet the business needs.
The job can be mentally demanding, as the subject matters we go into can be vastly deep and complex, so we need a stoic individual that can rapidly learn while staying organized and on schedule.
Four years of interactive project development /information technology experience, one year of which shall include experience in a lead or supervisory capacity, performing a variety of progressively responsible technical and/or analytical tasks for computer systems or services. A bachelor’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university may substitute for three years of the required general information technology experience. An associate degree from an accredited college may substitute for one and a half years of the required general information technology experience.
- Extensive experience working in the Unreal Engine or Unity Game engine.
- Great with communication and can give and receive new ideas with ease.
- Driven to grow, learn and output only your best.
- Self-starter that is dedicated to uplifting the studio development.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Of course, we also have a competitive edge in health benefits, offering employees the ability to choose from a range of fantastic providers; access to 401k; scalable vacation and skill-based wages, competitive to the industry standards.