New studio looking for UE devs to build Quest/PCVR Games. Job description below (level designer with solid TA/Systems background. heavy on art or code side is fine). Please message for further details, FT or contract work depending on experience.
Unreal Engine Generalist
Experience: Mid to Senior
Dates: Aug 2021 - Aug 2022
- 2+ years of industry experience working with Unreal Engine 4. (VFX / Game Dev).
- Experience using version control (Git, Perforce).
- Proficient with Unreal’s Blueprint system, c++ is a bonus.
- Knowledge of editor systems such as Sequencer, Material Editor, Static Mesh Editor, AnimGraph
- Experience with 3d modelling software and real-time asset pipeline (Max/Maya/Blender)
- Experience with Scene composition, Level design
- Experience with procedural workflows is a plus. (i.e. Houdini, Substance Designer)
- Experience with UE beta systems a plus (Niagara/Chaos)
- Experience with VR development a plus (SDKs, Best practises)
- Passion for real-time rendering and creating creating games.
- Can provide portfolio work demonstrating strong technical artistic ability (composition, scale, color, light) that includes Unreal / Unity based work.
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to improvise and adapt to shifting project goals.
- Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions
- Independent and self-driven; able to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create cutting edge VR experiences (Android XR2/PCVR)
- R&D cutting-edge techniques for real-time art.
- Discover and document methods learned during production for creating high-quality real-time renders.
- Work closely with other artists and technicians to ensure parity between DCC packages and Unreal.
- Flag and troubleshoot rendering bugs.
- Profile and optimize scenes to meet the project requirements without sacrificing visual fidelity.
- Develop gameplay systems, shaders, tools, FX, modules, and/or various assets for the internal library.