Description of the role:
Dark Slope Studios is seeking UE4 Game Developers with a passion for building compelling XR games & experiences. Our opportunities are on major 3 projects: a mystical environmental exploration title for Oculus Quest 2, a sci-fi location-based VR project for a Hollywood IP and a community driven games Metaverse platform
We are looking for systems-oriented individuals to support both projects, therefore experience in C++ development in the Unreal Engine is crucial.
Our developers work on small teams, and have lots of responsibility and are recognized for their incredible work. This is a great opportunity for developers looking to have creative input and to play an important role on a project.
- Develop backend systems to support the functionality of games and ensure their integration (engine, gameplay, AI, sound, animation, FX etc.)
- Collaborate with designers and artists to implement and refine gameplay features
- Participate in all project phases, from concept to maintenance
- Ensure timely and high-quality modular software development, including code reviews and testing
- Independently implement complex components of interactive applications
Dark Slope Studios
About the Company
Dark Slope Studios is a Toronto based, real time content studio pushing the boundaries of virtual production. Dark Slope is dedicated to creativity and innovation, utilizing game engine technology to deliver the next generation of immersive multi-user entertainment experiences to global audiences. Past games include ‘Scarygirl:Mission Maybee’ ,VR LBE free roam experience for Zero Latency and the ‘Slugterra’ Multiplayer Hero Shooter for Hologate Arena. We are now looking to build our growing team of passionate, collaborative game developers to help us create our next batch of exciting new VR titles!
- 3+ years of C++ development in the Unreal Engine
- Good understanding of VR gameplay technologies and interaction
- Thorough understanding of UE4 architecture and preferred pipelines
- Ability to write clear, maintainable and optimized code
- Ability to work on a team, preferably in an agile environment such as Scrum or Kanban
- Legally authorized to work in Canada and located in Canada
Useful Skills & Experience
- VR 3 point avatars
- Behaviour Trees
- Experience with mobile Oculus Quest platform