Full Time Salaried Position
Leviathan is looking for a Senior Creative Software Engineer to join our team. Leviathan (www.lvthn.com), a subsidiary of Envoy (www.weareenvoy.com), is a Chicago-based design agency that transforms distinct environments into exceptional experiences. Through the blend of artful content, digital technology and physical space, we design destinations that engage audiences, change perceptions and guide transactions for bold brands and entertainment properties worldwide. You will grow in the face of creative and technical challenges, and maximize the definition of possible, collaborating on everything from corporate workplace installations, to theme park attractions, to live events and art installations.
- Be a lead software developer and technology architect on large-scale, one-of-a-kind interactive installations incorporating generative art and media.
- Contribute to best practices and software development standards
- Develop complex real-time visual effects per motion direction and references
- Help assess incoming project opportunities for technological feasibility, required production time & resources, and options for execution. Work with the creative and project management teams to ensure feasibility, and timeline goals are met.
- Participate in and sometimes lead key team and client meetings to communicate and relay feedback, concerns, and recommendations.
- Travel on-site to oversee hardware installation and deploy software. Some remote support.
<Registered company name>
You will report to the Director of Creative Technology.
Project teams vary. Generally we always have
- A Producer
- 1-2 Software Engineers
- An Art Director
- A Designer
- 3D Artists
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Expert in Unreal Engine development (Blueprint & C++); Secondary skills in TouchDesigner, Notch, OpenFrameworks, Unity or other similar platforms. Experience with Houdini a plus
- Expert in large-scale interactive installations. Comfortable with software development and hardware deployment required for multiple synchronized computers, depth cameras, projection mapping, touchscreens.
- Experience with C++ and Python
- Comfortable with 3D rendering and GPU technologies (OpenGL, DirectX, GLSL & similar shaders)
- Excited about pushing the limits of interactive environments using materials, software, and hardware in creative ways, exploring new technologies
Apply by Submitting your resume and portfolio at https://grnh.se/f9f828a41us