We are a small company, who specialise in using Virtual Reality to provide skills training in Health-tech. We have a series of research projects running to take some of our ideas from storyboard to working prototypes and beyond, and need to grow our team, we have two roles open at the moment.
The roles are remote working, but due to restrictions on our funding, we can only hire people who are based in UK. This is a salaried position, initially for a year but with the likelihood the role will be extended.
Generic Robotics Ltd
Current team is two part time developers, full time project manager, and full time 3D artist.
Senior C++ Programmer:
We are looking to recruit a Senior C++ programmer with strong experience in graphics programming and physics, to work on a custom plugin for game engines that we are developing. The plug-in adds custom physics behaviour to games engines, and our prototype currently supports Unreal Engine, with Unity on the roadmap.
We have a major rewrite to undertake, which will involve taking our prototype from proof of concept, to production ready, as well as improving the architecture of the code base.
- Strong C++ development skills
- Experience with low level programming for graphics
- Strong 3d math skills
- Experience working on legacy code bases
- Unreal plugin development experience
- Familiarity with Unreal engine source code
- Experience working in small teams
- Portfolio examples of similar work.
- beneficial to have experience modifying unreal engine source
- beneficial to have good understanding of graphics and physics subsystem internal workings
- beneficial to have some unity plugin experience
VR Level Designer:
We are looking for someone who can quickly put together levels and interactions in Unreal Engine, with a good working knowledge of lighting, animation, blueprint scripting and interaction design workflows in the tool. We are producing VR content for serious games. We are a small team so this would suit someone who is a bit of a generalist and willing to dig in to supporting areas.
- Strong unreal engine experience
- Demonstrated level design skills
- experience in small distributed teams
- portfolio examples of similar work
- VR development experience
- beneficial to have UI / UX design experience
If you are interested please send us an up to date CV and portfolio to the following email address. If you would like to contact me on the forum, please also email too, as we track applicants by email.