The position is with IKA. You will be a part of the creation of a first-ever VR/AR World of Science and Technology experience; a collaborative Virtual and Augmented Reality gaming platform between industry leading scientists and universities for one of the world’s biggest industries. If you are interested in pushing the boundaries of VR and AR through Science and Technology with a gamification element, this may be the opportunity for you!
We are seeking a full-time Senior VR Programmer to join our dedicated team. We need your expertise in creating fun and engaging game systems to thrill a whole new audience of scientists. We believe that VR and AR are the future of scientific research and education and would like you to be a part of our future.
The IKA laboratory, as well as the analytical and processing divisions, currently have around 900 employees, and continue to offer a wide range of innovative equipment for numerous applications in research and development, as they have over 100 years. Worldwide market leaders trust in our proven technology.
- Implement gameplay systems in a self-organizing, interdisciplinary team
- Write clean, well-tested, performant code
- Write and maintain technical design and software system documentation
- Analyze and optimize systems as required
- Recognize opportunities to improve our games or general workflows, and seek to make these changes
- Create and iterate new VR and AR gameplay systems for interaction and content creation
Required qualifications and skills:
- Strong C++ knowledge
- A minimum of five years’ game programming experience
- Ability to design and communicate gameplay systems to a team
- Competence in writing solid, reliable, and efficient code
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or a similar discipline (i.e. Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Desirable qualifications and skills:
- Unreal Engine 4 development experience and
- Experience working on multiplayer games in general, ideally on a MMO are a huge plus
- Shipped console/PC title experience
- VR and/or AR experience as a developer or user
- Performance optimization skills
- Experience in client / server architecture as well as implementing multiplayer gameplay
- Knowledge of database development (MySQL, Oracle, … )
- Workspaces offered as well at international IKA offices, such as Germany - Staufen & Berlin, USA - San Diego, UK - Oxford, Poland - Warsaw, China - Guangzhou & Shanghai, Vietnam – Ho Chi Minh City, Thailand - Bangkok, Malaysia - Rawang, Brazil - Campinas, India - Bangalore
- Training may be provided by IKA Headquarters in Germany
- The candidate must have the willingness to travel
- You will work with the latest technologies and collaborate closely with our international developers
Not outsorcing studios please- thank you!