The Meta Game Inc.https://themeta.com/
We are the well-funded team of game-industry professionals behind KovaaK’s, the best-selling esports training platform for hundreds of millions of competitive gamers. We put players on the path to mastery and stay with them as they develop into grandmasters; join us as we revolutionize esports!
You are a developer who loves to build engrossing game experiences and mentor junior developers. You have a passion for programming and optimizing games, and you enjoy exploring and mastering new development challenges. You are eager to be part of a strong, cohesive team.
We are using Unreal Engine 4. You must have proven C++ game-development skills and deep Unreal Engine experience.
The Meta has some amazing initiatives planned and underway. You will be a key contributor to their success!
● Work with Product to build and maintain the best esports training platform on the market
● Work closely with Design, from specification through production
● Mentor junior Engineering team members in all things Unreal Engine Requirements
● 3+ years professional development experience in the games industry
● Fluency in C++
● Deep professional experience working in Unreal Engine 4
● Demonstrated ability to be a thought-leader in an engineering department
● Fantastic debugging skills
● Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, complexity, and system design
● Basic game math fundamentals (vectors, matrices, physics, projections, camera space, tangent space, object space)
● Solid understanding of software design patterns
● Good working knowledge of source control, including best practices (branching/streams)
● A practice of code instrumentation, tools, and development KPIs
● Bachelors in CS, or equivalent experience
● Deep understanding of concurrent programming
● Basic relational database abilities (SQL, Postgres or AWS RDS)
● Experience with Git and JIRA/Confluence
● Experience with build systems, continuous integration and deployment
● A background working with asset management systems, asset bundles, and in particular downloadable content (DLC)
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short introduction.