CaveWorld is building the Metaverse one small step at a time starting from a PvP battle arena commissioned by the Cave King that will train Cavemen for the upcoming war.
We are a distributed team working fully remotely across many time zones.
As a Senior - Lead Environment & Prop Artist on our still small team, you will have a variety of responsibilities working on various projects, including:
- Collaborate with other team leads to establish best practices and workflows for in game asset creation and placement
- Guide other Environment and Prop artists and mentor them
- Design and create both environmental assets as well as props with the guidance of an Art Director / Lead
- Create environmental pieces, environmental props and also character outfits and props in terms of modeling, texturing, map baking, tileable material creation and look development within the game engine
- Collaborate with the team to work within a pipeline and an organizational structure, ensuring assets are placed and named correctly
- Work in an efficient and optimized fashion to maintain decent framerate and in accordance with the programming team
- Help conceptualize lighting in collaboration with the Tech Art team
Some skills you are required to have to fit this role:
- At least 2 years of experience in production as a senior / lead artist and published at least 1 game title.
- Strong knowledge in Maya for asset creation
- Strong knowledge in ZBrush
- Strong knowledge in Substance Painter
- Knowledge in Substance Designer for material creation
- Knowledge in Photoshop
- Experience with the Unreal game engine
- Experience with Unreal Materials
- Experience with lighting of sets within Unreal
It would also be nice if you have the following experience:
- Experience with blueprints
- Experience with particles and effects
- Experience with basic rigging / skinning
Submission of a portfolio and a resume are a must
We encourage candidates of all genders, faiths, ethnicities, races and backgrounds to apply!