Interference Pattern is recruiting for a full-time freelance Unreal Generalist / Environment & Lighting Lead to join the team on an exciting narrative animation project in production, using Unreal Engine.
You will have responsibility for delivering the environment/set builds and lighting all shots within Unreal, as well as having input into other areas such as FX and CFX, DMP etc. You should have a broad knowledge and experience of the Unreal based pipeline and generating final image output directly from the engine. An interest in guiding junior artists on the team would be advantageous.
Role and Requirements
- Unreal experience essential
- Experience as an environment and lighting artist essential
- Having a good eye for both stylised and realistic environments/lighting
- Experience working with a stylised NPR visual style within Unreal would be advantageous
- Taking a pro-active approach to creative problem-solving
- Managing your time efficiently to meet deadlines
- Responding positively to, and acting on, feedback
- Leading junior members of the team
We are currently operating a remote-working studio model, with all artists and production staff working off-site, which will continue for the foreseeable short term. Whilst proximity to the studio is desirable, especially looking to the future, it is not currently a requirement for this role but preference will be given to applicants that are within +/-2 hr GMT.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and links to an online showreel or portfolio to email@example.com with “Unreal Artist” in the subject line.
We are a small and perfectly formed animation studio based in Edinburgh, one of the most beautiful cities in the UK. We do a diverse and interesting range of work, including commercials, broadcast & children’s, documentary features, original shorts and immersive & interactive experiences.
Applicants to this role must be based in the UK.