Looking for a Lead Game Programmer for an Online Multiplayer game. Must have past experience working on a multiplayer game and/or a AAA title. But just between you and me, we’ll also consider those with lots of UE experience so don’t let that scare you.
[This position will work remotely.]
The ideal candidate is adept at leveraging deep technical expertise and gameplay sensibilities to bridge game design and gameplay programming to realize the envisioned player experience.
If you love collaborating with talented developers to create genre-defining games, join us as we embark on a new journey.
- Partner with the project directors and leads to execute on the design and gameplay vision, while maintaining technical consistency
- Mentor, lead, and guide a team of gameplay programmers
- Collaborate with engineers to find robust, creative methods of implementing game features
- Collaborate with designers to encourage tight cooperation between design and code
- Write clear, maintainable and scalable code as needed
- Support tools development for specific project requirements as needed
- Collaborate in making plans and driving them to timely completion
- Exhibit pragmatic iterative development to shape the course of existing technology, keeping long- term goals in mind
- B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years professional programming experience
- Shipped at least one AAA game title or highly successful indie game
- Expertise in C++ developing significant gameplay features and systems
- Good generalist knowledge in many aspects of gameplay with solid code architecture skills
- Good understanding of game design and animation, including what makes a game fun and interesting to play
- Proficient in linear algebra and general math used in games
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work across disciplines with diverse team members who hold differing perspectives and varying technical backgrounds
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
- Unity or Unreal experience.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
FindersGrove is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest.