Head of Realtime
Axis Studios collaborates with a multitude of clients to create trailers and cinematics for PC, Playstation 5 and Xbox One X titles. Recently working on AAA games such as Gears 5 and Sackboy: A Big Adventure. And pushing new technology for our entire studio with Virtual Production on Trailers like DEATHLOOP.
The Head of Realtime is responsible for the management, development and growth of the Realtime Department across the Animation division at Axis Studios. They are indirectly responsible for the technical leadership and delivery of every project within the Department to budget, scope, schedule and creative expectations.
They are responsible for ensuring appropriate staffing and resourcing at a project level. They will also ensure all department Leads/Supervisors maintain and reflect Studio values, culture and best leadership practices.
Additionally, the Head of Realtime will promote technical and creative innovation while working with RnD and other Heads of Departments to develop the overall Department and Studio pipeline. They will also be the first point of contact for all line management needs within the department, helping to appraise, coach and develop all department members.
Finally, they will be working very closely with the Head of CG, helping to ensure the Studio goals are being planned for at a Department level. They will also where necessary support the Head of CG in delivering on studio-wide initiatives in pipeline and work practice within the Department.
- Supervising the effective delivery of all Department’s output to a high creative standard and expected technical execution.
- Assist with project bidding alongside EP and project CG Supervisor, ensuring all departmental bidding methodology is being followed.
- Monitor creative outcomes and technical solutions for efficiency and standardisation across the Department.
- Continual evaluation of CG tools, workflows and the production environment, highlighting areas for improvement and gains within the Department.
- Continual coaching on best practices regarding technical artistry and creative problem-solving across the Department.
- Lead any initial HR issues within the Department and help to monitor any HR issues across the Department.
- Recruitment, training and departmental strategic planning for the Realtime Department.
- The broadcasting and education of Studio values, culture and leadership practices to all under their line management.
- On behalf of the Studio/Department liaise where necessary with any Clients and 3rd party Outsource Contractors.
- Great communication skills and ability to work constructively with other departments to solve production and technical challenges.
- The ability to confidently Supervise and Manage a team of artists.
- Proven production experience Leading teams min 5 years.
- Thorough knowledge of Unreal Engine.
- In-depth knowledge of technical workflows required for realtime technologies.
- Experience in delivering in-engine cinematic content to client defined performance budgets.
- Knowledge of using Realtime Technology for delivering Rendered from engine animated context.
This role can be remote or we offer a hybrid working model if you live within commutable distance of any of our studios