HELLO, WE ARE BRAVE AT NIGHT
(we have made Yes, Your Grace and published Mind Scanners)
Based in Manchester and surrounded by nature we thrive together as a small indie game studio with a passion for emotional, narrative-driven titles. We are an international team looking after each other and working on projects everyone loves. As a team, we have launched two successful games and are working on our second in-house title right now! All of us are incredibly proud of our work, and we always prioritize the wellbeing of our team - we have a no-crunch policy and dedicated employee benefits to encourage self-care. Our project is fully funded too, which means no additional stress on the team!
Right now we are busy working on something new, big & exciting - that’s where you come in! You’ll jump right into our next narrative-based management RPG project as a crucial part of the team.
We are looking for a Gameplay Designer as an addition to our team.
This is a Full time permanent role, UK only (£30k - £34k per year.) You’ll polish/tighten the current design, create additional management features and work closely with our Programmer and Game Director to create a game we’re all excited about.
As the Gameplay Designer you’ll be responsible for implementing various game content with existing designer tools in Unity to create a fun and engaging gaming experience. We’re looking for somebody who’s a problem solver with a great understanding of scope and timelines and is able to adjust designs accordingly.
- Experience working in Games Industry
- Professional experience working as Game Designer
- Experience with shipping games as a Designer
- In-depth knowledge of game development and game design
- General familiarity with Unity
- Creative problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and clear documentation
- An independent person working iteratively on features alongside other team members
Nice to have
- You already worked on management games before
- Experience in balancing, game flow and progression
- Already familiar with our games
- Private healthcare including mental health support and dentist cashback
- Christmas closure
- Annual bonuses
- Learning and growth budget
- Xbox Game Pass subscription or PlayStation Plus subscription
- Work remotely
If that sounds like something you’d be interested in or have any questions, say hi here
Please include your CV and a portfolio if possible. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Marginalized and underrepresented groups are especially welcome to apply!
If you don’t tick all the boxes but think you might be a good fit anyway, don’t hesitate to send your stuff over.
Application deadline: 15th September 2022
Check out our other open positions: