Status: Currently Unavailable
- Over 6 years experience in UE4, C++ and BP
- Exceptionally experienced with Characters (and CharacterMovementComponent)
- Built many complex server-authoritative systems with client-side prediction (see “Systems I’ve Made”)
- Capable of building systems without the need for any tutorials (anything I’ve listed in Systems I’ve Made" far exceeds whats available online)
- Able to modify UE4 itself
- Spent 2 years on AAA level project under NDA
- Made the best multiplayer locomotion system on the market
- Used to be a creature/character rigger in film, trained as a 3D generalist (I can write Maya python tools also)
What I’m Looking For
- Remote Jobs that are ~1-3 months in length
- Indie fee is $60/hr, can sometimes be quoted in advance
- Sprint/crunch time fee is $100/hr
- Non-indie fee is $140-200/hr decided following consultation
Note that a small partial deposit is required to start any work.
Things I’m particularly good at
- Optimizing for performance, network and CPU bandwidth in particular
- Structure and organization, particularly important for large projects
- I can make entire games on my own - coding, art, and all. I can make full prototypes to test your ideas with solid grounding that can be expanded into a full game without redoing anything - simply replace and expand
- Complex animation graph setup
- Character movement - my work integrates seamlessly with existing movement systems
- I can recreate anything from most games, whether its Mario Odyssey or BOTW or Witcher or Bioshock or BFV, as good as or better than the original. : )
Discord preferred or PM here. PM may incur a delayed response as I get no notification. Discord: Minion#3554
Systems I’ve Made
All have multiplayer capability with server-authority and client-side prediction and correction where applicable for hacker-free gameplay that feels like you have 0ms
These specific systems aren’t available for purchase as they belong to the person I was working for. Under NDA.
Best Multiplayer Locomotion System on the Market
Everything you need to know can be found here, and I’m available for work involved with extending this to meet your own game requirements.
Capable of firing projectiles over 2,000RPM and 100,000cm/s velocity from many sources with highly optimized physically based projectiles - actors in the world with velocity, gravity for bullet drop, optional ricochet. Besides the aforementioned client-side prediction these also support rewinding actors and had a system built on top to hit specific parts of the body - highly accurate! Built on top of my object pool plugin for low/no cost projectile spawning with highly optimized replication behaviour.
Efficient and intelligent object pooling with optimized replication and spawning.
Item & Equipment System
Fully featured equipment system with custom item slots, usable items, all running on a state machine for complex behaviour.
An extensive system for weapons on characters, vehicles, ships and anything else. More comprehensive than BFV
Date & Time System
Custom/arbitrary months, seasons, days in week, time-scale. Persists without any form of storage (including randomized behaviours such as weather) - Achieved with a custom time-scale relative to real world time. In-game event system based on game’s time of day allows planning events such as supply drops the same way you’d enter your own events into google calendar Highly optimized replication appropriately enforces time synchronization.
Orbit & Occlusion System
Built over the Date & Time System. Planets follow an orbit and can orbit other planets (moons), and interacts with the accompanying system that computes occlusion and light temperature based on the occlusion of light due to planets and their atmospheres interfering; planet atmosphere density and falloff is customizable. Allows simulating a real universe however dissimilar to our own. Results in a natural, organic, and extremely pretty day/night cycle.
Extension of the damage system present in UE4, a friendly interface for any and all actors to take damage, and pawns to deal damage, observe damage (in certain cases) in a much tidier and easier to use system that replicates everything out of the box as necessary in an efficient manner.
View State System
Smoothly handles any and all camera transitions for character state changes (crouch, sprint, etc) or switching between cameras seamlessly with proper view blending that never hitches or pops regardless of number of cameras, position in existing transition, etc.
Added angular velocity and acceleration to CharacterMovementComponent to create wing suits that fly without any rotation limitations, fully integrated into the prediction system. Also added sprinting, floor sliding, and other movement systems.
System for players to interact with actors in the world such as doors, panels, buttons, and even other players (eg. reviving another player). Replication uses only a single byte to maintain state of any interactable actors.
Turn in place system that can maintain the character always facing the camera while still taking actual steps to turn with simplistic animation setup (most TIP systems are convoluted). Made a system for character to equip heels and have animations adjust at runtime. Built complex animation graphs.