Led by award winner Game Designer Randy Smith(Thief, Deus EX, Spiders) and BAFTA winner Art director Viktor Antonov (Half-Life 2, Dishonored), Darewise Entertainment a creative Studio based in Paris is opening its first game development studio for an undisclosed brand new AAA game made on Unreal Engine 4. We are looking for a talented and experienced people who will work closely across disciplines and collaborate with some of the best designers and artists in the world. If you want to make a difference and work on products that matter to players, you belong with us. Our entrepreneurial spirit will allow you to expand and grow together with us, in the mission to serve our players with the best possible games.
Undisclosed Title - PC/Console Virtual World - Unreal Engine 4
Darewise Entertainment (VC Funded company)
As a Lead Programmer, you will lead the prototyping team of Darewise to produce the gameplay prototypes of our concepts as well as support and oversee external teams with the production and technology of our games.
- Shipped at least 3 titles including at least one in a Lead position
- Advanced understanding of gameplay systems, pipelines, tools, and code architecture
- Strong self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Experience using the Unreal 4 Engine
- Experience with 3rd party certification process
- Experience with doing due diligence of technical team and outsourcer is a plus
- Work closely with the Design and Art teams to bring ideas and new gameplay features into the game
- Programming content like player movement, animation, AI, weapons, user interface, and scripting
- Iterate on existing gameplay systems to discover performance improvements
- Review every SVN commit to ensuring the technical soundness of the product (checking all assets, Blueprints, and code)
- Write gameplay code for new features and prototypes
- Troubleshoot bugs at all levels (from art assets to Blueprint to C++ - from gameplay systems to core engine issues)
- Accurately estimate scope & workload to ensure the team operates efficiently, and assign & monitor technical tasks for the team
- Expectation: 25% lead (reviewing, coaching, assignment direction) and 75% gameplay code
As a Darewise Lead Animator, you will build, mentor and manage the animators’ team, working on bringing characters to life and turning game mechanics into incredible and immersive game experience.
- 5+ years experience in the game industry
- At least one shipped AAA game as Lead Animator
- Demonstrated a wide range of character animation and acting skills
- A deep understanding of how animation and game mechanics work together
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine and its animation pipeline
- Knowledge of Maya required
- Exceptional communication and coordination skills
- Experience with distributed development preferred
- Experience with directing MoCap sessions and MoCap Assets pipeline
- Manage the entire animators team from junior to senior and technical animators
- Mentor less experienced animators, providing them with guidance
- Work with level designers on bringing characters to life in their levels
- Work with gameplay team to develop outstanding game mechanics
- Responsible for on time and on target quality delivery of all animation assets
Other opened positions: Technical Artist, Junior Programmer.
Looking forward to meeting with you!