I’m looking for a programmer with experience extending UnrealEd. The goal is to develop a new 3D viewport type where input handling and the camera are driven by a Blueprint.
- The 3D viewport can be created, docked, etc the same way as with other viewports.
- The BP linked to the viewport (describing the interactions) can be changed on the fly.
- This viewport control Blueprint should be able to do the following:
- Handle keyboard, mouse, joystick, gamepad inputs.
- Components and UMG widgets under the cursor are tracked and accessible.
- Actors can be selected, deselected.
- UMG UIs can be added to the viewport.
- The viewport camera properties can be modified (transform, FOV, pers/ortho, etc).
- Support for adding actors which do not show up in the outliner and do not get saved into the level (for gizmos).
I can’t help with the C++ part but I’d like to do whatever assets the task needs. Eventually I’d like this extension rolled into the official branch.
The deadline is the end of September. Name your wage. You can contact me via PM or [EMAIL=“firstname.lastname@example.org”]email@example.com