Studio FOW, the company behind the smash Kickstarter success SUBVERSE, is looking to hire several experienced 3D animators to assist us with completion of the project.
We expect the initial contract for this project will provide you with at least one full year of work. If you perform well, you also have the potential to become part of the studio long-term and enjoy a bright future with us for years to come.
DISCLAIMER - Please note Subverse contains explicit adult content. Applicants must be comfortable with taking part in this kind of production.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Full working knowledge of UE4 sequencer
- Portfolio projects that demonstrate competency in 3D animation
- Extensive experience animating rigged character models in Maya, Blender, 3ds Max or a similar suite
- English speaker, preferably native or at least fluent
- Several positive references available
- Availability to meet deadlines and consistently communicate/demonstrate progress through Ryver / Skype meetings and e-mail correspondence
- An instinct for design, both artistic and practical
Tasks will include but are not limited to the following:
Space Battle / Scene Animator:
- Work under the direct supervisor of the studio director.
- Set up posed scenes within a skybox based on simple storyboard concepts and instructions.
- Animate scenes of ships taking part in large-scale space battles, including particle and sound effects.
- Provide requested shots on the required delivery dates.
- Animating fully rigged character by creating 3-6 second looped poses.
- These loops will be used as “emotion states” during the dialogue sequences of the game (examples can be seen on Subverse’s Kickstarter page).
- Additional character / scene animation tasks will likely be provided after the list of emotion states are completed, such as short cutscenes.
Please send your resume and portfolio (both mandatory) to the following address: email@example.com
Candidates will be required to interview with the project manager via Skype/Discord.
Salary is negotiable based on experience and the strength of your portfolio. NDA signature is required upon hire.
- Start date for the Character animator is AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- Start date for the Space Battle / Scene animator is January 2020.
- Target platform is PC.
- Modeling, animation and sound finished entirely in-house.
- Work from home, no need to relocate.
If you have any additional questions you are welcome to include them in your e-mail or post them below.
Studio FOW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.