Packing for html5

I know the good guys from Epic are working on it and we should get some official support soon.

In the meantime we are trying to get some test projects delivered to html.
So I followed the instructions, got the source code from github, got the optional and required (both) rar archives, unpacked them, did the build with Visual Studio. launched the Engine but can’t find html 5 packaging anywhere.

Also a weird thing every time I launch the Engine the packaging options change, sometimes it’s Windows and iOS sometimes Windows and the 5 Android platforms, but again no html.
Anyone has any suggestions? or maybe I am missing an extra step or two?

Any help is welcomed, thx guys :wink:

We just published documentation for our HTML5 platform support.

You can view it here: Sharing and Releasing Projects for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation

I will add that the HTML5 pipeline is currently experimental and not without many caveats and quirks, but it is functional.

Thx a lot, Will give it a shot on Sunday and if something doesn’t go will post here, really looking forward to this :slight_smile:

So installed the source code for 4.1 and the Emscripten.
When I am in the Engine the packing option for hml5 is grey, I can’t select it.
Any hints on why would that not work?

Thanks again.

Same issue I noticed here.
I ended up having to use Unreal Frontend (Unreal Frontend | Unreal Engine Documentation) to cook for HTML5.
Even when doing so, I have not had anything functional come out of this as of yet.

i’ll try the frontend and will post my results here.