PackagingResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking

Hi Guys, UE4 Initiate Here,

I’ve been working with Unreal Engine for the month and a half after I chose to switch to UE4 from Unity.
Anyway long story shot I’m developing an RPG in UE4 and whenever I go to package it, I always get met with these errors in particular…

ATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   CookResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/L_Main
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogCook: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/L_Main
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   CookResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/ThirdPerson/Meshes/CubeMaterial
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogCook: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/ThirdPerson/Meshes/CubeMaterial
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   CookResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/Objects/Instruments/Violin
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogCook: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/Objects/Instruments/Violin
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   CookResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/Objects/Instruments/Trumpet
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogCook: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/Objects/Instruments/Trumpet
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   CookResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/Objects/Instruments/mus001
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogCook: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/Objects/Instruments/mus001
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   CookResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/Objects/Instruments/flute
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogCook: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/Objects/Instruments/flute
PackagingResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/L_Main
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   CookResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/Objects/Instruments/drum_set_obj
PackagingResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/Objects/Instruments/Violin
PackagingResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/Objects/Instruments/Violin
PackagingResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/Objects/Instruments/Trumpet
PackagingResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/Objects/Instruments/Trumpet
PackagingResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/Objects/Instruments/mus001
PackagingResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/Objects/Instruments/mus001
PackagingResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/Objects/Instruments/flute
PackagingResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/Objects/Instruments/flute
PackagingResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/Objects/Instruments/drum_set_obj
PackagingResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/Objects/Instruments/drum_set_obj

I know exactly what all of these objects are, as for where they are, they have been purposefully deleted by me as I had a change of heart and no longer needed them in my project / game.
Upon their deletion though, there was no mention of any one of them being referenced in any map or blueprint.

So then the question is, is there a way of removing that cluster of code from whenever I Package the project next?

Any help would be very much appreciated as again I’ve only been working with UE4 for the last 8 weeks.

Cheers

Did you ever figure this out?

I fixed it, with this. I add missing levels in “List of maps to include in a packaged build” array in Project Settings.

10 Likes

@sarram solution worked for me as well, thanks man, I really appreciate your help

I’m having this problem aswell, some folders i have deleted get this error when trying to build.

What do you mean by “add missing levels”? Should i add test maps etc for content packs I’ve downloaded? Or just the level that i would like to use?

Just add the levels you need or I think there is an option you can check for packaging all content if you want that.

1 Like

By the way, use the path “/Game/Maps/M_Game” (three dots) and not just the name “M_Game”, that was my mistake…

1 Like

Thanks, man!! You saved my day…

Thank you, man! You saved my day…

I had a similar issue. Something had a reference to an object that had been moved. To fix the issue I took the following steps:

1. Move the object (or I suppose an object with a similar name) to the expected location (as mentioned in the log)
  2. “Fix Up Redirectors in Folder” (I perform this on the root folder, by right clicking on it, and choosing the option).
  3. Move the object back to the original location (or I suppose, deleting it again)
  4. “Fix Up Redirectors in Folder”

My guess is something went wrong during the move/delete, and some of the assets didn’t get updated.

During the cook process of packaging I get a bunch of these errors? I tried using this cook settings and without: -AdditionalCookerOptions=“-cookprocesscount=4”. 1Either way I see errors. Sometimes without that multi-thread cook setting, it works, but not always.

LogCook: Error: Content is missing from cook. Source package referenced an object in target package but the target package was marked NeverCook or is not cookable for the target platform.
    Source package: /Landmass/Landscape/BlueprintBrushes/Materials/Sprite/M_BrushSprite_01
    Target package: /Engine/EditorResources/S_Terrain
    Referenced object: /Engine/EditorResources/S_Terrain