PackagingResults Error Failed to build UAT.proj

I have a dedicated game server compiled from UE 4.22 sources (Github stable branch) and an associated game client.

Unfortunately, using the editor UE 4.22 compiled from sources (Github stable branch), upon packaging the project in UE, I get the following error:

1. UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): WinResources.cs(10,25): warning CS1692: Invalid number [C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22_source\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Win\Win.Automation.csproj]
  1. UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): WinResources.cs(291,25): warning CS1692: Invalid number [C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22_source\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Win\Win.Automation.csproj]
  1. UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Win.Automation -> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22_source\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts\Win.Automation.dll
  1. UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project file contains ToolsVersion="12.0". This toolset may be unknown or missing, in which case you may be able to resolve this by installing the appropriate version of MSBuild, or the build may have been forced to a particular ToolsVersion for policy reasons. Treating the project as if it had ToolsVersion="4.
  1. 0". For more information, please see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=291333.
  1. UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Mac.Automation -> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22_source\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts\Mac\Mac.Automation.dll
  1. UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project file contains ToolsVersion="12.0". This toolset may be unknown or missing, in which case you may be able to resolve this by installing the appropriate version of MSBuild, or the build may have been forced to a particular ToolsVersion for policy reasons. Treating the project as if it had ToolsVersion="4.
  1. 0". For more information, please see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=291333.
  1. UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): TVOS.Automation -> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22_source\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts\TVOS\TVOS.Automation.dll
  1. UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):
  1. UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): (see C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22_source\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs\Log.txt for full exception trace)
  1. **PackagingResults: Error: Failed to build "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22_source\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\UAT.proj":**
  1. UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 (Error_Unknown)
  1. UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
  1. PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

After opening the project in Visual Studio, I noticed that I am missing UWP.Automation in the Solution Explorer.

If I switch engine version to the 4.22 installed from Epic Launcher, the client packaging succeeds, however, not from 4.22 built from Github production branch source, which I need it to, in order to connect to the same version of the gameā€™s server built from the same engine branch.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

SOLUTION:
Older Visual Studio versions are known to cause problems with Unreal Engine.

Just open the project with the newest Visual Studio 2019 and you should get a message like: ā€œInstall ā€¦ for Unreal Engine Automation toolā€ etc. just hit ā€œinstallā€ and let Visual Studio download the missing parts.

VoilĆ , packaging works fine now.

I got the same question in 4.27.2 with vs 2019, did you solved the question?

same problem here

Same problem with VS 2022 and 4.27.2

1 Like

Same problem, pls help. failed to build saved\UATTempProj.proj

Did you solve it? My version is 4.27.2 as well

Devekopment Serverļ¼ŒBuildā€¦

In Visual Studio,

Right-click and rebuild AutomationTool.

4 Likes

thanks!!!

Where exactly to do it? Can I have a little more details, please?

Legend!

1 Like