Packaging problem in 4.21

Hi there,

I am probably not the first person having this issue but the threads that I have read until now, don’t solve my problem, or at least I haven’t found a solution yet.

I am using the UE 4.21. for an artistic VR project on Windows 10 Pro (64bit, VS 2017). I have finished my project and want to package it as an .exe for Windows (64bit) but I get the error that you see in the picture. From the Log file …Win-64\Development.txt I get this information:

==============================================================================
Log.WriteException: ERROR: Couldn’t find target rules file for target ‘UE4Game’ in rules assembly MSP_EnhancedAudioModuleRules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’.
Log.WriteException: Location: D:\MovingSoundPictures\PartI_TheAbstractPainters\Unreal\Final_in421\MSP_EnhancedAudio\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\MSP_EnhancedAudioModuleRules.dll
Log.WriteException: Target rules found:
Log.WriteException: MSP_EnhancedAudio - D:\MovingSoundPictures\PartI_TheAbstractPainters\Unreal\Final_in421\MSP_EnhancedAudio\Intermediate\Source\MSP_EnhancedAudio.Target.cs
Log.WriteException:
Log.WriteException: (see C:\Users\DinaOrla\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.21\UBT-MSP_EnhancedAudio-Win64-Development.txt for full exception trace)

Log.WriteException:
Log.WriteException: BuildException: Couldn’t find target rules file for target ‘UE4Game’ in rules assembly ‘MSP_EnhancedAudioModuleRules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’.
Log.WriteException: Location: D:\MovingSoundPictures\PartI_TheAbstractPainters\Unreal\Final_in421\MSP_EnhancedAudio\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\MSP_EnhancedAudioModuleRules.dll
Log.WriteException: Target rules found:
Log.WriteException: MSP_EnhancedAudio - D:\MovingSoundPictures\PartI_TheAbstractPainters\Unreal\Final_in421\MSP_EnhancedAudio\Intermediate\Source\MSP_EnhancedAudio.Target.cs

Log.WriteException:
Log.WriteException: in UnrealBuildTool.RulesAssembly.CreateTargetRules(String TargetName, UnrealTargetPlatform Platform, UnrealTargetConfiguration Configuration, String Architecture, FileReference ProjectFile, ReadOnlyBuildVersion Version, String[] Arguments, FileReference& TargetFileName) in D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\System\RulesAssembly.cs:line 583

Log.WriteException: in UnrealBuildTool.RulesAssembly.CreateTargetRules(String TargetName, UnrealTargetPlatform Platform, UnrealTargetConfiguration Configuration, String Architecture, FileReference ProjectFile, ReadOnlyBuildVersion Version, String[] Arguments) in D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\System\RulesAssembly.cs:line 543

Log.WriteException: in UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildTarget.ValidateSharedEnvironment(RulesAssembly RulesAssembly, String ThisTargetName, TargetRules ThisRules) in D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Configuration\UEBuildTarget.cs:line 511

Log.WriteException: in UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildTarget.CreateTarget(TargetDescriptor Desc, String[] Arguments, Boolean bSkipRulesCompile, Boolean bCompilingSingleFile, Boolean bUsePrecompiled, ReadOnlyBuildVersion Version) in D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Configuration\UEBuildTarget.cs:line 386

Log.WriteException: in UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.RunUBT(BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, String[] Arguments, FileReference ProjectFile, Boolean bCatchExceptions) in D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.cs:line 1426
Log.WriteException: ==============================================================================

Since I am not a programmer I am wondering what are these messages (also in the Ouput Log) actually telling me? If i understand correctly sth must be wrong with the “UE4Game” target? What can I do to overcome this problem? It is just a pity working on something for so long and not to be able to package it for demos or. I just use UE intuitively therefore I would be grateful for any helpful suggestions!

Thank you in advance!

Hello there !

I have had the same issue in 4.21 and the way I solved it was by editing the .uproject of my Unreal project (you can open it with Notepad) and removing the line “Entreprise”: true, from it.
Here’s a picture :

269670-ue4issuesolved.png

Hope this worked for you.

Unfortunately it didn’t help…still get the same error… :frowning: