Packaging of BP-only project with custom build of Engine not working

If I try to package a BP-only project with a custom build of the engine, I get this:

LogPlayLevel: Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory: ********** STAGE COMMAND STARTED **********
LogPlayLevel: BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: Stage Failed. Missing receipt 'UE4Game-Win64-Development.target.xml'. Check that this target has been built.```

```PackagingResults:Error: Error Launch failed! Missing UE4Game binary.
You may have to build the UE4 project with your IDE. Alternatively, build using UnrealBuildTool with the commandline:
UE4Game <Platform> <Configuration>

I am building the engine with “Development Editor” and Win64 settings, and I am packaging the project with Development Win64 configuration.

Once I add a blank C++ class to the project, the packaging works fine. But as long as my project is BP-only, it does not.

Should this work? Is this a bug? Or am I just doing something wrong? Packaging the BP-only project with the launcher build works fine. How can I build the engine to get the same version like the launcher build?

It seems I have to build the Engine as “Development” too, then I will get a lot of errors after the build, but if I then go into my project and package it, it works.