Packaging my project for shipping sets boolean variables in savegame automatically to true

Hi,

for my game i’m using a SaveGame Blueprint which contains two boolean variables. Both of them are set to false in their default value.
But when i pack the project for shipping (Windows 64Bit) and run the game, the boolean variables seems to set to true and i wonder why. Is this some kind of bug or is there a way to fix this?

Another thing: I understand the function for the node “DoesSaveGameExist”, but it seems that it is totaly ignored, after the project was packed. My saveGame with the two boolean variables doesn’t exist when i start the Game in PIE or Standalone and the “DoesSaveGameExist” works as it should. "SG doesn’t exist, open widget “A” " for example. But after packaging my game and run it for the FIRST time, the SG seems to already exist, because it opens “widget “B”” and not “A”.
Can somebody explain this to me?

Thanks in advance

Ace D.

SaveGame files are stored into a public system’s program data folder created for your game. Even after you delete the packaged game that folder is still there and saves still exists.

Ok, but how can i get or pack a game without savegames on first start? …MyProject/Saved/SaveGames is empty when i start packaging my game.

You didn’t understand what I was trying to say.
On Windows you should look into a system’s folder like “C:/User/AppData” folder (hidden depending on your OS settings). In there, there is a folder named after your game’s name. There is where save game files are stored for packaged games. They are not stored in same directory where your game.exe is running from.

Oh ok, i got it. It’s working now as it should after if i delete the savegames after packaging. Thanks a lot!

Same problem, I try to package with shipping and It keeps including every savegame file, even If I delete them manualy from savegames, they keep appearing after I build… I do not have any “C:/User/AppData” with my project´s name either… just local, roaming project folders, and inside… no folder with any related name to my project, not even using search, and no hidden files either…maybe UE4 need a savegame locator, so we don’t have to lose that much time, trying to locate those folders.

Questions:

Why development and Shipping packaging, locate savegame files in different places? Does it mean, If you release a game as development for a pre-release, and then you release a shipping version, players are going to lose everything? wich is the right place for savegame files then? why Shipping makes savegame files so… easy for clients to acces them, because this way they might find a way to crack them, while developement keeps them inside the game as pak, so they canot be acces, nor the canot be modified.

If you ship a dev version and people play part way though, and then you replace it with a shipping version, players will lose their progress. In fact the save game is still there, but it’s just not where the system is looking. A pak file can be opened by anyone, unless it’s encrypted. But in fact that is also fairly easy to get around.