Packaging keeps breaking normal maps and I'm running out of ideas. Deploying to the same device, no issue. Why is this happening?

I’m just starting a new UE 5.3 Android project, and every time I try to package content / side load it, the normal maps break, but if I deploy straight from the editor to the same device, no issue, looks perfect.

I have tried a lot of things, different textures (starter content included), different models / primitives, different lighting. I’ve tried turning off package compression. I have no idea what other things to try, I’m just left clicking everything in the package settings at this point.

I don’t want to remove the normal maps of every object I will use. There has to be a reason this is happening, but I’m stumped.

How it should look (and does when deploying to device):

And this is how it looks on the same device package, side loaded, broken:

My device is a “Pixel 6 Pro” running Android 14. I followed the normal setup for android as the usual documentation. I had a “Storage Permission Required” issue I solved with this post, but other than that, most of the settings are out of the box. I have specified the map to package (which there is only one) and I don’t package editor content.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what might be going wrong here? I’m out of ideas.