Packaging for windows problem

I’ve a problem when i want to package the my project for Windows with this error log:

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationTool: No files found to deploy for H:\UE4\UE4_new_com\Engine\Binaries\Win64 with wildcard UE4Game.exe and exclusions 
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows): Stacktrace:    at DeploymentContext.StageFiles(StagedFileType FileType, String InPath, String
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows):  Wildcard, Boolean bRecursive, String] ExcludeWildcard, String NewPath, Boolean bAllowNone, Boolean bRemap, String NewName) in h:\UE4\UE4_new_com\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\DeploymentContext.cs:line 286
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows):    at BaseWinPlatform.StageExecutable(String Ext, DeploymentContext SC, String InPath, String Wildcard, Boolean bRecursive, String] ExcludeWildcard, String NewPath, Boolean bAllowNone, StagedFileType InStageFileType, String NewName) in h:\UE4\UE4_new_com\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Win\WinPlatform.Automation.cs:line 20
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows):    at BaseWinPlatform.GetFilesToDeployOrStage(ProjectParams Params, DeploymentContext SC) in h:\UE4\UE4_new_com\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Win\WinPlatform.Automation.cs:line 129
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows):    at Project.CreateStagingManifest(ProjectParams Params, DeploymentContext SC) in h:\UE4\UE4_new_com\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\CopyBuildToStagingDirectory.Automation.cs:line 146
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows):    at Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory(ProjectParams Params) in h:\UE4\UE4_new_com\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\CopyBuildToStagingDirectory.Automation.cs:line 623
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows):    at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params) in h:\UE4\UE4_new_com\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\BuildCookRun.Automation.cs:line 237
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows):    at BuildCommand.Execute() in h:\UE4\UE4_new_com\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\BuildCommand.cs:line 37
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands) in h:\UE4\UE4_new_com\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Automation.cs:line 357
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String] CommandLine) in h:\UE4\UE4_new_com\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Automation.cs:line 325
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows):    at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param) in h:\UE4\UE4_n
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows): ew_com\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 88
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows):    at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(MainProc Main, Object Param) in h:\UE4\UE4_new_com\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Utils.cs:line 568
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows):    at AutomationTool.Program.Main() in h:\UE4\UE4_new_com\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 48
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows): Program.Main: ERROR: No files found to deploy for H:\UE4\UE4_new_com\Engine\Binaries\Win64 with wildcard UE4Game.exe and exclusions 
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows): copying UAT log files...
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows): BUILD FAILED

so what is the problem?

*my UE4 build is Win64

any help plz?

Hey moh3n3D!

I am not sure we have folks keeping super close track of the general discussion section right this second who would be ready to answer this one, but we should have much better luck on the AnswerHUB.

I know it is a bit of a chore, but could I get you to copy this question into the AnswerHUB site here?: https://answers.unrealengine.com/

This sounds like a question a few folks are likely to run into, and with the AnswerHUB’s setup it should be easier for others to be able to find the same problem and the eventual solution. It also allows you to upload more related files like the full log.

Once it has been copied over you can link to the question you posted in this thread and increase the chance that anyone else who hits the issue can see the response. =)

Many thanks!
Jon

same problem here :frowning:

Installing Visual Studio Express 2013 did solve my problems…

same problem here

For the record, this problem has been asked on AnswerHub (Packaging failed - Platform & Builds - Epic Developer Community Forums, and Error While Packaging To Windows - Platform & Builds - Epic Developer Community Forums)
“Packaging Failed” for Windows when using a UE4 “Development Editor” build from sources with Visual Studio 2013:
=> you have to also build the Game client, so you need to build the full “Development” solution (not only “Development Editor”)

/!\ for me, this fixed the “BUILD FAILED”, but I still does not get game binaries! (while the pre-build/downloaded UE4 Editor works just fine)

SRombauts

after set value project setting->map&model->default…
When im trying to package my game for win i awlays got this error
windows 8.1.1 / ram:6gb /gc :1gb /cpu:corei5 2.53ghz
and my VS2013 is ultimate final that complete & success installed!!!

log file
http://uploadkon.ir/fl/d/MzEyMTU%3D
please help me,thanks

Hai Guys,
I’m new to UrealEngine. I have made a game which packages for windows in development configuration , but when I change it to Shipping it gives this error : MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR:
AutomationTool terminated with exception: MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationTool: No files found to deploy for D:DineshSource_FilesUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseEngineBinariesWin32 with wildcard UE4Game-Win32-Shipping.exe and exclusions MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): Stacktrace: at De MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): ploymentContext.StageFiles(StagedFileType FileType, String InPath, String Wildcard, Boolean bRecursive, String] ExcludeWildcard, String NewPath, Boolean bAllowNone, Boolean bRemap, String NewName) in d:DineshSource_FilesUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseEngineSourceProgramsAutomationToolDeploymentContext.cs:line 286 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): at BaseWinPlatform.StageExecutable(String Ext, DeploymentContext SC, String InPath, String Wildcard, Boolean bRecursive, String] ExcludeWildcard, String NewPath, Boolean bAllowNone, StagedFileType InStageFileType, String NewName) in d:DineshSource_FilesUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseEngineSourceProgramsAutomationToolWinWinPlatform.Automation.cs:line 20 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): at BaseWinPlatform.GetFilesToDeployOrStage(ProjectParams Params, DeploymentContext SC) in d:DineshSource_FilesUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseEngineSourceProgramsAutomationToolWinWinPlatform.Automation.cs:line 128 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): at Project.CreateStagingManifest(ProjectParams Params, DeploymentContext SC) in d:DineshSource_FilesUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseEngineSourceProgramsAutomationToolScriptsCopyBuildToStagingDirectory.Automation.cs:line 156 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): at Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory(ProjectParams Params) in d:DineshSource_FilesUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseEngineSourceProgramsAutomationToolScriptsCopyBuildToStagingDirectory.Automation.cs:line 699 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params) in d:DineshSource_FilesUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseEngineSourceProgramsAutomationToolScriptsBuildCookRun.Automation.cs:line 237 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): at BuildCommand.Execute() in d:DineshSource_FilesUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseEngineSourceProgramsAutomationToolBuildCommand.cs:line 37 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary1 Commands) in d:DineshSource_FilesUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseEngineSourceProgramsAutomationToolAutomation.cs:line 367 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String] CommandLine) in d:DineshSource_FilesUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseEngineSourceProgramsAutomationToolAutomation.cs:line 335 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param) in d:DineshSource_FilesUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseEngineSourceProgramsAutomationToolProgram.cs:line 99 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(MainProc Main, Object Param) in d:DineshSource_FilesUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseEngineSourceProgramsAutomationToolUtils.cs:line 610 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): at AutomationTool.Program.Main() in d:DineshSource_FilesUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseEngineSourceProgramsAutomationToolProgram.cs:line 50 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: No files found to deploy for D:DineshSource_FilesUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseUnrealEngine-4.3.0-releaseEngineBinariesWin32 with wildcard UE4Game-Win32-Shipping.exe and exclusions MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes. MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): Domain_ProcessExit MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes. MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): AutomationToolLauncher exiting with ExitCode=1 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): copying UAT log files… MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully. MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): BUILD FAILED
Please Help me out…
Thanks

I am getting the same failure in 4.5.1 despite compiling in Development

"ERROR: Exception in AutomationTool: No files found to deploy "

Accepted as a bug by Epic:
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/130777/crashreportclientexe-missing-in-ue45-and-451.html

Are you using Source Control? If so, Check Out the entire project Folder, Then Try Again. Thats What i did and it worked for Me. Hope This Helps. :slight_smile:

be sure to build with “Development Client”,“Development Editor” AND “Development” (just Development is not enough) build it also for x32 if you need it.
And be sure to cook the content before you pack it.

for shipping builds also build everything you need in shipping mode

if someone still got Problems post the log

So i had recently run into this issue and went through every online resource and forum topic while also updating visual studio and UE4.7.2 UE4.7.4 and then UE4.7.5 and all them kept getting the same failed package “RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully. MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED” error report.

So the issue turned out to be a substance designer material asset that was missing a reference node so the instanced textured and material could not be cooked through the packaging. Simpy deleting the algorithmic plugins folder and removing the instanced textures fixed everything. it packages without error now.