Download

Packaging for linux deletes required engine files

Hello;

Tonight I’ve been trying to package up UT for another engine-subscriber to look at (he uses the linux editor, the project won’t open for him) and have found a…problem with the windows build for linux.

Now, initially I thought I had broken something, so I ran the verify and the launcher re-downloaded the missing files, and I watched the folder appear.

Once they re-appeared, I re-ran the command, three times, and each time the folder it needs was deleted. This only occurs when using the linux flags, windows still builds fine (after doing yet another repair)

I do realize that this may be because UT is in a pre-pre alpha stage and clearly isn’t ready for this, but the editor doesn’t run properly under linux (if at all) and so this is the only method of getting him to be able to see the game.

I’m using CLI to do this and this is the command:

C:>“C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationTool.exe” BuildCookRun -nocompileeditor -nop4 -project=C:\UT4\UnrealTournament\UnrealTournament\UnrealTournament.uproject -cook -compressed -allmaps -stage -archive -archivedirectory=C:\UT4Lin -package -LinuxNoEditor -clientconfig=Development -ue4exe=UE4Editor -clean -targetplatform=Linux -utf8output

this is the folder it deletes:

C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts

the error:

ScriptCompiler.CompileModules: Building script modules
ScriptCompiler.LoadPreCompiledScriptAssemblies: Loading precompiled script DLLs
ScriptCompiler.LoadPreCompiledScriptAssemblies: ERROR: Scripts folder C:\Program
Files\Unreal Engine\4.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts does not exist
!
Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationTool: AutomationScripts.Automation.d
ll was not found or could not be loaded, can’t run scripts.
Stacktrace: at AutomationTool.ScriptCompiler.LoadPreCompiledScriptAssemblies(
List1 OutScriptAssemblies) at AutomationTool.ScriptCompiler.FindAndCompileAllScripts(List1 AdditionalSc
riptsFolders)
at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String] CommandLine)
at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(MainProc Main, Object Param
)
at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationScripts.Automation.dll was not found or could not
be loaded, can’t run scripts.

That’s weird. I’ll look into that, but before we get to this, could you please try testing if you can package other 4.2 projects (e.g. ShooterGame)? You should be able to.