Packaging Failed! Can't package (4.7.3)

Fixed it! Just migrate the whole thing over to a new project. It came up pretty glitchy for some reason (one of the sprites, but that’s it), but it works!

interesting, how do you export? copy the file over to a flash drive and copy the folder into the projects folder?

That probably would work, but I had it synced on Github so I just used Git :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome! I’m glad you found a workaround.

I wanted to tell you also, I did some more digging, and I found an existing issue where in Paper2D the default value of PixelsPerUnrealUnit was not being initialized in cooked builds, which would cause various issues for sprites. I am not 100% sure it’s your exact issue, but it could be related. Luckily, it’s slated for the 4.7.4 update which should be coming out next week or the week after. For tracking purposes I’ll put the JIRA issue number here: UE-7918

Good luck, and let us know if you run into anything else!

Awesome! I’d prefer it if I wouldn’t have to migrate the entire thing, so I’ll definitely check that out once it comes out! Thank you so much for keeping a tab on this :slight_smile:

“Just migrate the whole thing over to a new project.” How does one do that?

Hello ,

First you’ll need to create the new project. After that, you can right-click the “Content” folder in your existing project and select “Migrate…” option. It’ll come up with a list of everything that will be migrated and then ask you for a directory once you press “Ok”. For the new directory, select the “Content” folder in your new project’s project folder and then hit “Ok”. This may take some time depending on how much content is in your project, but it should bring everything over to the new project.

Edit: If there are code files you need to bring over, it would be easiest to find the Source folder in your existing project’s directory in your file browser and copy that. You can then paste that in your new project. After you’ve moved it over, right-click the .uproject file and select “Generate Visual Studio project files” to generate the new Visual Studio project based off that source. You should be able to compile in Visual Studio after that completes.