Download

Packaging fail! Need a little help from the pros.

Hi guys, I’m having issues packaging my project. I posted it on Answerhub some days ago, but no answer so far. I know sometimes this can take a while, but I thought it would be a good idea to post it here as well.

  • Here are some things I tried and some info:
  • Using UE4 4.9.2, Windows 7 x64 machine.
  • Tried packaging for both 32 and 64 bit. Both fail.
  • Tried migrating my entire content folder into a new project - still fails.
  • Switched from ‘Development Editor’ to ‘Development’ as suggested on other threads here on answerhub.
  • Also tried switching to ‘Shipment’. Still failing to package.
  • Tested other projects. Other projects are packaging.

Here’s my latest log from when I tried to package for Windows 64-bit. Can someone take a look at it and maybe point me in the right direction? I’ve run out of ideas and google is not helping me.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2739873/Cook-2015.10.31-18.36.28.txt

Here’s the link to my question on answerhub:
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/326327/packaging-failed-7.html

Thanks!

I am not going to download your project as I don’t have time to look through it, but could you post your build logs when the packaging fails? Be sure to clear your logs before re-packaging.

Sure, it’s actually on the first post :slight_smile:

Here’s the link again: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2739873/Cook-2015.10.31-18.36.28.txt

Ok, here are a few things I noticed:

•"/Game/TopDownToolkit/Materials/PostProcess/M_Sharpen (1)" has a space in it’s name, which UE4 files shouldn’t, try and fix that.
•“LogBlueprint:Error: [compiler DefilerUndergroundSpawner] Error Spawn node SpawnActor NONE must have a class specified.” Fix this, as it is a compile error.

These are just two of the many errors, but what you should do is search for the keyword ‘Error’ in your logs, and go through one by one and fix these problems, as they are what can cause build failures. If I were you, I’d focus on the LogBlueprint errors first, as I believe the load errors shouldn’t effect anything, though I’m not completely sure.

Thanks for pointing that out! Somehow I didn’t notice it. Apparently two older blueprints got carried over when I migrated some files from another project to this one, so I removed those blueprints. I’ll try to package now and see what happens!

Edit: Yep, that fixed it. Thanks again!